How do upgrades and crossgrades work with licenses?

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
3ptguitarist

How do upgrades and crossgrades work with licenses?

Post by 3ptguitarist » Sat May 11, 2019 9:40 pm

I'm curious to know how upgrades from cubase LE or a cross grade from a competitor works as far as licenses go? For example, if I have cubase LE and I upgrade to pro 10, does that mean my license is just an upgrade license? I ask this because I know people sell their pro 10 licenses and if I were to do that in the future, am I able to sell the upgraded license as a regular version of pro 10 or is it considered only an upgrade license whereas the buyer would be required to be upgrading from a lesser version of cubase?

Also for crossgrades, if I were to have something like studio one 4 pro and crossgraded to cubase pro 10, does this mean the license is just a crossgrade and not a regular version of pro 10? Also, if I crossgrade, does this mean I have to give up the studio one 4 pro license?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm really interested in getting cubase pro 10, and on just curious on what I'd be getting myself into.

DickBanks

Re: How do upgrades and crossgrades work with licenses?

Post by DickBanks » Mon May 13, 2019 9:27 pm

I did the crossgrade over the weekend, from Ableton 9 Suite to Cubase Pro 10. $166 at Sweetwater, plus whatever I paid for the USB eLicenser a while back. I have a full Cubase Pro Installation and license on my USB now.

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni » Mon May 13, 2019 9:38 pm

3ptguitarist wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:40 pm
I'm curious to know how upgrades from cubase LE or a cross grade from a competitor works as far as licenses go? For example, if I have cubase LE and I upgrade to pro 10, does that mean my license is just an upgrade license? I ask this because I know people sell their pro 10 licenses and if I were to do that in the future, am I able to sell the upgraded license as a regular version of pro 10 or is it considered only an upgrade license whereas the buyer would be required to be upgrading from a lesser version of cubase?

Also for crossgrades, if I were to have something like studio one 4 pro and crossgraded to cubase pro 10, does this mean the license is just a crossgrade and not a regular version of pro 10? Also, if I crossgrade, does this mean I have to give up the studio one 4 pro license?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm really interested in getting cubase pro 10, and on just curious on what I'd be getting myself into.
A crossgrade license is a full license. And you can still use your Studio One 4 pro.
An upgrade license is also a full license, but your Elements license becomes your Pro License, so it´s one license in the end.

3ptguitarist

Post by 3ptguitarist » Wed May 15, 2019 10:24 pm

Thanks for the answers!

Return to “Presales”