Cubase 10 Pro Crossgrade bought from retailer

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Sjurdur

Cubase 10 Pro Crossgrade bought from retailer

Post by Sjurdur » Wed May 22, 2019 9:44 pm

I bought a boxed version of Cubase 10 Pro Crossgrade from a local reseller (physical store) and submitted my proof of eligibility with the purchase. Now my question is, can I install and activate Cubase out-of-the-box, or does the reseller first have to submit the proof to Steinberg, and Steinberg has to validate the claim before my bought version is activated? The clerk wasn't 100% sure whether the product is ready to use out-of-the-box and I'm still waiting an answer from them, but I thought I would ask here as well in case anyone has an answer. I'm hesitant to open the box before I know for sure, since I can only return the product if the seal hasn't been broken.

David W

Re: Cubase 10 Pro Crossgrade bought from retailer

Post by David W » Thu May 23, 2019 12:40 am

I believe any verification of entitlement for a crossgrade takes place before the product is supplied and that the box contains an activation code that will work without further checks, but I would wait for confirmation from someone who knows for certain before proceeding.

Return to “Presales”