Don't Understand What I'm Purchasing

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
DanielCann

Don't Understand What I'm Purchasing

Post by DanielCann » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:05 am

Hi,

I'm having a very hard time understanding which version of cubase I need when looking at the comparisons.

The main features I want are:

A mod wheel, ie CC1, CC2, CC3, panning, volume, etc.
A built-in EQ, a built-in limiter, and built-in compressor that all come with the door. Perhaps some other effects like a delay and distortion too.
The oppurtunity to load my kontakt instruments as many times as I like (ie, lots of tracks with kontakt instruments on them).
The ability to do midi editing, ie editing note velocities.
The ability to export and save my tracks.
The ability to record in my own playing.
The ability to do routing and group tracks (ie group all of my percussion into one group and route that to a certain reverb)

Would Cubase Artist/Elements be okay for all of these?

Thanks!

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Don't Understand What I'm Purchasing

Post by Prock » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Of course, as you know, there are less features in Artist/Elements versions... so...

One way to find out for yourself is to try the trial version of CB Elements 10 for 30 days. Hopefully it will meet your needs. ;)

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

strummer

Re: Don't Understand What I'm Purchasing

Post by strummer » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:15 am

DanielCann wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:05 am

The oppurtunity to load my kontakt instruments as many times as I like (ie, lots of tracks with kontakt instruments on them).
Look here (at the VST instrument tracks count): https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/compare-editions/
Laptop Win 10, i7-4700MQ, 16 GB ram, SSD, Cubase pro 10, Steinberg UR824, 2 x Presonus Digimax D8, microphones:)

Return to “Presales”