Export to video

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
cbdmusic

Re: Export to video

Post by cbdmusic » Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 pm

In_Stereo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 pm
Working composer here. I will not spend tons of money for Nuendo for this one feature that every other composer-friendly DAW as little as $60 has as standard. Not sure what I'll do, but that sure as hell won't be it. It took many years to get video mode in Cubase, which was a wonderful thing to finally have. Steinberg, do NOT make the same mistake of taking so long for Cubase with this. It's truly awful for someone working to video every day to have to deal with this, and it's making me consider strongly switching to another DAW now that I've seen this about Nuendo 10 only having this basic feature for composers.
AMEN!!!
christiandavismusic.com
Cubase 10 _ Mac Pro 10,1_12-Core 128gb ram _ UA Apollo _ RME Fireface UFX _ UAD-2 Octo Ultimate _ Vienna Ensemble Pro _ Too Many Samples!!

giafin

Post by giafin » Fri May 17, 2019 4:58 am

In_Stereo wrote:
Working composer here. I will not spend tons of money for Nuendo for this one feature that every other composer-friendly DAW as little as $60 has as standard. Not sure what I'll do, but that sure as hell won't be it. It took many years to get video mode in Cubase, which was a wonderful thing to finally have. Steinberg, do NOT make the same mistake of taking so long for Cubase with this. It's truly awful for someone working to video every day to have to deal with this, and it's making me consider strongly switching to another DAW now that I've seen this about Nuendo 10 only having this basic feature for composers.
+1 Agree
PC: Acer-Aspire Z3-710 - 8Gb Ram; Windows 10/64bit.
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (current); MIDI keyboard: Nektar Impact LX88.
Notation: Dorico Pro (current); Sibelius Ultimate (current).
Sample Libraries: EWQLSO; Kontakt 6; NotePerformer 3; 8Dio (Agitato & Anthology Strings Bundles); Sonokinetic (Da Capo; Maximo; Minimal); VEPro 6; DaVinci Resolve.

reztes

Post by reztes » Fri May 17, 2019 7:44 am

Yes, I knew it was in the comparison. And this is one of the reasons I'm complaining. It's no sense, and all the other DAWs I know have it. Even Reaper which costs $ 60 have it since the early days.

Cubase has this strange things (no video export, not showing time signatures or markers in the Midi Editor, an Instrument Track/Rack duality in which any of the both systems works perfectly well, different systems for automation depending in which editor you are, etc.) that it must solve instead of adding new features. I like new features, but I would love to have the basic ones working properly. I mean, Cubase is one of the most expensive mainstream DAWs...

ldg75

Post by ldg75 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:16 am

reztes wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:44 am
Yes, I knew it was in the comparison. And this is one of the reasons I'm complaining. It's no sense, and all the other DAWs I know have it. Even Reaper which costs $ 60 have it since the early days.

Cubase has this strange things (no video export, not showing time signatures or markers in the Midi Editor, an Instrument Track/Rack duality in which any of the both systems works perfectly well, different systems for automation depending in which editor you are, etc.) that it must solve instead of adding new features. I like new features, but I would love to have the basic ones working properly. I mean, Cubase is one of the most expensive mainstream DAWs...
Totally agree!
+1
Luigi di Guida
Film&Game Composer

ldg75

Post by ldg75 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:18 am

In_Stereo wrote:
You are right!
+1
Luigi di Guida
Film&Game Composer

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf » Sat May 18, 2019 10:28 am

In_Stereo wrote:
Da Truth!
+1
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

ldg75

Post by ldg75 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:06 pm

And now....
Also Studio One have the video export function ... :shock:

I believe that Cubase will be soon the ONLY DAW without this feature! :?
Come on, Steinberg!
Luigi di Guida
Film&Game Composer

Turnicate99

Post by Turnicate99 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 pm

Yes, Cubase is the only pro composer DAW that doesn't have this. So frustrating.

cbdmusic

Post by cbdmusic » Wed May 22, 2019 1:44 am

The most frustrating part is that when the took away "replace audio in video" 2 years ago in cubase 9.0.30 they promised "video render export (including audio)" would be released in a future update. https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Dorico

And now they are saying it will NEVER be a part of Cubase, and will only be a Nuendo feature!! This is a total "Avid" move, treating your loyal customers this way. I just wish there was more TRANSPARENCY... If I have to crossgrade to Nuendo just for this one feature I will, but man, if I crossgrade and then later video render becomes a feature of Cubase I will be out of luck. I'm runing 4 copies of Cubase at my studio and so that's $1600 to crossgrade them all just to make video clips for clients!!
christiandavismusic.com
Cubase 10 _ Mac Pro 10,1_12-Core 128gb ram _ UA Apollo _ RME Fireface UFX _ UAD-2 Octo Ultimate _ Vienna Ensemble Pro _ Too Many Samples!!

ldg75

Post by ldg75 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm

It need from Steinberg clear communication of what will happen in the immediate future and an explanation of what is happening in the present. :? :(

Cubase and Nuendo are not exactly the same DAW.

I won't go to Nuendo until things are "in the future" ...

And if it happens like with Cubase? ... No video export function as promised, in any future version. :!: :!: :!:
Luigi di Guida
Film&Game Composer

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Wed May 22, 2019 8:19 pm

cbdmusic wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:44 am
And now they are saying it will NEVER be a part of Cubase, and will only be a Nuendo feature!!
Hi there,

Video export including rendering will be a part of Cubase in the future. It will be introduced with Nuendo 10.2 first though.

Best regards,
Matthias
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

cbdmusic

Post by cbdmusic » Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:19 pm
cbdmusic wrote:
And now they are saying it will NEVER be a part of Cubase, and will only be a Nuendo feature!!
Hi there,

Video export including rendering will be a part of Cubase in the future. It will be introduced with Nuendo 10.2 first though.

Best regards,
Matthias
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this information and some transparency!! I've been emailing with Steinberg US Support and they've been saying "I am not aware of any plans to implement that in Cubase." But so good to hear that Cubase will get this functionality. Matthias, can you offer us any sort of road map? Something similar to the Nuendo roadmap offered here: viewtopic.php?f=291&t=158924&p=851973&h ... mo#p851973 ARA - June 2019, Video Render - July 2019, etc.
christiandavismusic.com

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Wed May 22, 2019 8:40 pm

Video export including rendering will be a part of Cubase in the future. It will be introduced with Nuendo 10.2 first though
:D Great news and thank you for the communication!
Windows 10 • Cubase 9.5.50 • WaveLab 9.5.50 • SpectraLayers 6.0.10 • HALion 6.3.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.10 • Midex

Matthias Quellmann

Post by Matthias Quellmann » Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 pm

cbdmusic wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 pm
Matthias, can you offer us any sort of road map?
Well, we are talking about Cubase 10.5. It won't be included in the upcoming 10.0.30 maintenance update.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

cbdmusic

Post by cbdmusic » Wed May 22, 2019 10:00 pm

Matthias, Thank you for the information and communication. Very helpful! Very encouraging!
christiandavismusic.com

Rob Elliott

Post by Rob Elliott » Wed May 22, 2019 11:27 pm

Thanks Matthias - GREAT news!!!!
"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

W7 - 64 bits - 24 gb ram / i7

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf » Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 am

Well, now we know and we're not hanging in mid-air and better late than never. Thanks for the info.
And it was Apple about three years ago who surprised the world by killed Quicktime to start with, right?
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

ldg75

Post by ldg75 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:19 pm

cbdmusic wrote:
Hi there,

Best regards,
Matthias
Thank you Matthias!
Allaluja!!!
:D :D :D

I recommend you: DO NOT FORGET to do it and keep us updated...This thread will return to "flame on" in the future if too much time will pass! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway thanks for the communication: Cubase is an excellent DAW, but when you'll implement this function it will become THE BEST of all!
;) ;) ;)
Luigi di Guida
Film&Game Composer

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet » Fri May 24, 2019 5:31 pm

HowlingUlf wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:28 am
In_Stereo wrote:
Da Truth!
+1
+1

asmi

Post by asmi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:28 pm

+1

GiacintoFin

Post by GiacintoFin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:49 am

:D
ldg75 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:19 pm
cbdmusic wrote:
Hi there,

Best regards,
Matthias
Thank you Matthias!
Allaluja!!!
:D :D :D

I recommend you: DO NOT FORGET to do it and keep us updated...This thread will return to "flame on" in the future if too much time will pass! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway thanks for the communication: Cubase is an excellent DAW, but when you'll implement this function it will become THE BEST of all!
;) ;) ;)
+1 Thank you :D
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (current); StudioOne 4-Artist (current).
MIDI Keyboard: Nektar Impact LX 88.
Sample Libraries: Halion 6 & Halion SE; EastWest; GPO 5; Kontakt 6; Noteperformer 3; Sonokinetic; VSL (w/VE Pro 6); 8Dio.
Notation: Dorico Pro (current); Sibelius Ultimate (current); Notion 6.
OS: Windows 10 (current - on Acer Aspire Z3-710 - 8Gb Ram).

StudioCompyfox

Post by StudioCompyfox » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 am

So the rumor that I've been forwarded from KVR Audio, is true.

Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 pm
Well, we are talking about Cubase 10.5. It won't be included in the upcoming 10.0.30 maintenance update.
You know... I've been using Cubase for over 25 years. I can understand that you had to remove the video engine features from Cubase 8.x due to Quicktime going belly up on Windows (and rightfully so, this piece of software was always a mess). But as longtime Cubase user and Steinberg supporter, it does feel more and more like a slap in the face that the main excuse is always "Nuendo this, Nuendo that". As if Cubase wasn't the reason for Nuendo's existence. As if "Nuendo" is now what Cubase originally was (remember - the Songwriting Toolkit was once a hefty financial extra chunk for Nuendo!).

Now even the competition (Studio One) got an updated engine where you can render your video with proper audio. Free of charge even. Wavelab has the Fraunhofer ProCodec built in (which is capable of AAC export), which was then somewhat ported into Cubase. And yet, still no "Render Audio in Video" anymore - and the following promise never happened.
Replace Audio in Video' is no longer possible. As an alternative, video render export (including audio) will be provided.

Source: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Dorico

A feature that I have to use several times a week at my musician partner's rig in Logic Pro X. But on my end, I simply can't use Cubase for heavy client work that involves commercials or video trailers, because I'm left out of the game with this feature. Not only that, I still have issues with AAF import/export. I'm on a German OS, I can use English channel descriptions as much as I want, and Logic still refuses to load my AAF export. In turn, I also get hiccups from LPX's AAF export. My fellow and I always have to go the "consolidate files" route - and guess what - Cubase's Multi-Track export engine renders mono-channels in stereo - so even more mouse clicks and cleanup work prior to a project transfer.

I mean, i can still pull off certain things and get work done - with a lot of hoop jumping no less. But this is all so frustrating and time consuming for tasks that could be but 1 mouse click away! Just... why?! :?

Now I'm reading once more "hey - Nuendo gets the update for free, but Cubase users have to wait until 10.5 bar minimum, and sorry - but upgrade fees are involved"... <sigh>... It's not that I'm ungrateful that you finally(!) tackle this. But come on, please!

Why did I need to get VR capabilities, yet I can only use 5.1? (surround audio is also a thing for music lately, not just "video" - Nuendo can use up to 22.2 and Auro-3D - why can't Cubase go 7.1 at this point - which is a normal standard even for games!)
Why did we get ARA2, while other important features are still buggy, or completely left out?
Why does only Nuendo get a dot-to-dot update to .1, yet Cubase always goes to .0.40 only with a .0.50 max (about 4 month's post the .5 release)

This all makes me feel like a constantly paying beta tester for Nuendo, not a Cubase user anymore. :(

It's as if Cubase is now considered to be "the entry level software" (steep entry level at 599EUR though), and Nuendo is branded as the only "true Professional Audio Tool". Meanwhile I can get Studio One for less than 400EUR, and Logic Pro X for 200EUR. As a Cubase user, am I less of a "Professional" then? Please tell me, because I'd really love to know. And if Cubase really is the "entry level" now, then why do we still have Cubase AI/LE/Elements and Cubase Artist? Heck, even Sequel is still a thing.

I think the frustration with this is more than apparent. :|

So what is my current workaround ?

I actually also went the "Vegas Edit" route (I actually started with Magix Movie Edit, then switched to Vegas thanks to Humble Bundle - worse UI, some missing features, but better audio engine), but that's so much extra work and unnecessarily resource hungry. I tried DaVinci Resolve, but I had to drop this editor because of the constantly running background tasks.

However - I'll definitely check out "ER Toolkit" (thank you, Iftekharul Anam) and "VST video render plug-in" (thank you, ldg75). Maybe this will bridge the gap for the time being. But I'm not keeping my hopes up for Cubase 10.5 - in fact, I have a feeling it'll be "Cubase 11". So... late Autumn 2020.
Win7 64bit SP1/Convenience Rollup on Intel Core i7 920, 3,6GHz | Cubase 10.0.20 | Wavelab 9.1.x
Steinberg user since mid 1990s

ldg75

Post by ldg75 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:40 pm

+10000000
"VST video render plug-in" (thank you, ldg75)
You are welcome! ;)
But I'm not keeping my hopes up for Cubase 10.5 - in fact, I have a feeling it'll be "Cubase 11". So... late Autumn 2020.
Let's try to be optimistic :) but, if nothing happens, then we will be forced to ask Steinberg if Cubase users who are film and videogames composers are a market that interests them. :?:
If this were not the case, I believe that the competition will welcome me and many colleagues: Studio One runs a lot and Apple, with the Logic Pro X team, has started running a lot again and is constantly updating with very important and FREE functions.

I have been a Logic user for many years, then I switched to Cubase:
I hope I don't have to go back to Logic like many composers I know have just done.

I'm waiting for... :roll:
Luigi di Guida
Film&Game Composer

Alexandre de Faria

Post by Alexandre de Faria » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:29 am

+1

Any news? This is an absolute top needed feature for professionals working with image, me included. It’s rather bizarre having to go to other software as a workaround.

One other thing: Why the hell can’t they release the feature on both DAWs at the same time?? The philosophy behind this Cubase/Nuendo split makes no sense to me.

GiacintoFin

Post by GiacintoFin » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:32 am

StudioCompyfox wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 am
So the rumor that I've been forwarded from KVR Audio, is true.

Wed May 22, 2019 8:49 pm
You know... I've been using Cubase for over 25 years. I can understand that you had to remove the video engine features from Cubase 8.x due to Quicktime going belly up on Windows (and rightfully so, this piece of software was always a mess). But as longtime Cubase user and Steinberg supporter, it does feel more and more like a slap in the face that the main excuse is always "Nuendo this, Nuendo that". As if Cubase wasn't the reason for Nuendo's existence. As if "Nuendo" is now what Cubase originally was (remember - the Songwriting Toolkit was once a hefty financial extra chunk for Nuendo!).

Now even the competition (Studio One) got an updated engine where you can render your video with proper audio. Free of charge even. Wavelab has the Fraunhofer ProCodec built in (which is capable of AAC export), which was then somewhat ported into Cubase. And yet, still no "Render Audio in Video" anymore - and the following promise never happened.
Replace Audio in Video' is no longer possible. As an alternative, video render export (including audio) will be provided.

Source: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Dorico

A feature that I have to use several times a week at my musician partner's rig in Logic Pro X. But on my end, I simply can't use Cubase for heavy client work that involves commercials or video trailers, because I'm left out of the game with this feature. Not only that, I still have issues with AAF import/export. I'm on a German OS, I can use English channel descriptions as much as I want, and Logic still refuses to load my AAF export. In turn, I also get hiccups from LPX's AAF export. My fellow and I always have to go the "consolidate files" route - and guess what - Cubase's Multi-Track export engine renders mono-channels in stereo - so even more mouse clicks and cleanup work prior to a project transfer.

I mean, i can still pull off certain things and get work done - with a lot of hoop jumping no less. But this is all so frustrating and time consuming for tasks that could be but 1 mouse click away! Just... why?! :?

Now I'm reading once more "hey - Nuendo gets the update for free, but Cubase users have to wait until 10.5 bar minimum, and sorry - but upgrade fees are involved"... <sigh>... It's not that I'm ungrateful that you finally(!) tackle this. But come on, please!

Why did I need to get VR capabilities, yet I can only use 5.1? (surround audio is also a thing for music lately, not just "video" - Nuendo can use up to 22.2 and Auro-3D - why can't Cubase go 7.1 at this point - which is a normal standard even for games!)
Why did we get ARA2, while other important features are still buggy, or completely left out?
Why does only Nuendo get a dot-to-dot update to .1, yet Cubase always goes to .0.40 only with a .0.50 max (about 4 month's post the .5 release)

This all makes me feel like a constantly paying beta tester for Nuendo, not a Cubase user anymore. :(

It's as if Cubase is now considered to be "the entry level software" (steep entry level at 599EUR though), and Nuendo is branded as the only "true Professional Audio Tool". Meanwhile I can get Studio One for less than 400EUR, and Logic Pro X for 200EUR. As a Cubase user, am I less of a "Professional" then? Please tell me, because I'd really love to know. And if Cubase really is the "entry level" now, then why do we still have Cubase AI/LE/Elements and Cubase Artist? Heck, even Sequel is still a thing.

I think the frustration with this is more than apparent. :|

So what is my current workaround ?

I actually also went the "Vegas Edit" route (I actually started with Magix Movie Edit, then switched to Vegas thanks to Humble Bundle - worse UI, some missing features, but better audio engine), but that's so much extra work and unnecessarily resource hungry. I tried DaVinci Resolve, but I had to drop this editor because of the constantly running background tasks.

However - I'll definitely check out "ER Toolkit" (thank you, Iftekharul Anam) and "VST video render plug-in" (thank you, ldg75). Maybe this will bridge the gap for the time being. But I'm not keeping my hopes up for Cubase 10.5 - in fact, I have a feeling it'll be "Cubase 11". So... late Autumn 2020.
+1 definitely!!
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (current); StudioOne 4-Artist (current).
MIDI Keyboard: Nektar Impact LX 88.
Sample Libraries: Halion 6 & Halion SE; EastWest; GPO 5; Kontakt 6; Noteperformer 3; Sonokinetic; VSL (w/VE Pro 6); 8Dio.
Notation: Dorico Pro (current); Sibelius Ultimate (current); Notion 6.
OS: Windows 10 (current - on Acer Aspire Z3-710 - 8Gb Ram).

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”