Cubase Forum Feature Requests Poll August 2019

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
mart

Re: Cubase Forum Feature Requests Poll August 2019

Post by mart » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 pm

skijumptoes wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:07 pm
peakae wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:23 pm
Can’t you just use a stereo track with the mono source ?
Yeah i guess that should work. The trouble is if you already have mono tracks existing in the project.
Create a new stereo track and drag your audio from your mono track down onto it. Done
Windows 10 Build 1903 , Gigabyte x58 Soc FORCE, 16gb Ddr4 RAM, Intel 5930x, Cubase 9.5.5 Cubase 10.0.30, Dorico 2.2 1 OCTO & 1 Quad UAD, Protools 12.7, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with 32gb Slave PC.

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:18 am

mart wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 pm
Create a new stereo track and drag your audio from your mono track down onto it. Done
I was playing devils advocate.

Just because a workaround exists (Which involves copying your track content, plus other inserts/sends/groupings/levels/pans/pres/channel strip components, and then deleting the original), can you not appreciate how some people would find it helpful to be able to just pick a mono > stereo insert? And that's not even taking into account any track automation.

A. It makes it easier for people coming from other DAWs that behave in this way.
B. It removes confusion for people who are new to Cubase or Recording as a whole, that have a typical 2-In style interface for Mic and Guitar (which will default to Mono tracks).

If you're using mixer snapshots to A/B mixes you also want to reduce un-necessary deletion of existing tracks and the creation of new ones for the sake of 'trying' a stereo insert.

As i said, just playing devils advocate and explaining why people may desire such a feature. Is it something i'd put on my wish list? Nope! ..But i can fully respect why people have requested/voted for it.

AndyMc

Post by AndyMc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm

I didn't see the poll but agree with all them but would love audio track lanes to be multiple audio at once, would so make thing simpler.
Making new tracks with copies of plugins for another bit of an event to run in tandem is wasteful on resources.
Sure could move the fx's to a group track and then push both tracks into that but so much unneeded extra for just running 2 bits of audio or more through a audio tacks bus.

AndyMc

Post by AndyMc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:16 pm

On the mono tracks not working right with stereo plugins. Imagine how cool it would be to have a little extra button on plugins on a mono track which make them stereo or mono. Then people can still use mono items proper and turn on stereo on ones they need stereo.
This way no one is offended and everyone has the extra stereo on a plugin if needed.

AndyMc

Post by AndyMc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Also sandboxing would be like a wrapper I guess, so would require one or multiple wrappers, Jbridge has the option to use existing auxhost for all plugins. But maybe cubase needs it's own vst3 host that feeds direct to pins in on inserts and sends. This way there is less chance of cubase crashing as it would just lose input on it's pin.
Maybe a vst3 host which then hosts vst2 and 3's using cubase current wrapper/handler.

I reckon the performance would increase and take away a lot of stress on the main gui. Cubase has VR right, can this not be use to make better use of the gpu for high dpi monitors, or at a least 3d window?

keto88

Post by keto88 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:41 pm

DarrenGlen wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:41 am
keto88 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 pm
33 Renaming Plug-ins in Plug-in Manager (Alias) - yeah such a butt-hurt when a developer can't name its plugin with cute name. This will definitely make everyone's music better
etc
etc
etc
keto88 i find your posts comments to be childish, immature and disrespectful to other users.
I think much more childish is you, when attack my personality instead of saying counterarguments why I am wrong, why asking eyecandies is more important than sound quality. But you decided to go down and be disrespectful too. That makes you more respected for sure.

Tj99

Post by Tj99 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:13 am

AndyMc wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm
I didn't see the poll but agree with all them but would love audio track lanes to be multiple audio at once, would so make thing simpler.
Making new tracks with copies of plugins for another bit of an event to run in tandem is wasteful on resources.
Sure could move the fx's to a group track and then push both tracks into that but so much unneeded extra for just running 2 bits of audio or more through a audio tacks bus.
Why don't you feed the different audiotracks to a group and simply put all the fx and inserts on the group track instead?

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:39 am

Tj99 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:13 am
Why don't you feed the different audiotracks to a group and simply put all the fx and inserts on the group track instead?
Why have duplicate functions when you can just copy and paste?
Why have quantize when you can move the notes yourself?
Why have markers when you can move the playhead manually?

I don't think anyone's wondering 'how' to get round issues like this, rather it's a workflow improvement for them to have it.

Tj99

Post by Tj99 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:00 pm

skijumptoes wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:39 am
Tj99 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:13 am
Why have duplicate functions when you can just copy and paste?
Why have quantize when you can move the notes yourself?
Why have markers when you can move the playhead manually?

I don't think anyone's wondering 'how' to get round issues like this, rather it's a workflow improvement for them to have it.
Cmon man, I know what you wanna say, but thats what group tracks are for! If you have more tracks that need the same processing you route them to a group track, simple and effective. Having multiple events/tracks simultanously on one track would be a complete mess #trackception (visibility, handling, etc).

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Sorry, thought the topic was still Mono Tracks > Stereo Plugs (duh). I agree with you.

Sundayforsammy

Post by Sundayforsammy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:56 pm

how about asking Charley and Manfred back on board to put Cubase back on track ?
Cubase Pro 9 i7 3630QM Clevo P170EM Laptop PC - 16gb ram - 128 SSD OS hard drive - 1Tb Data Hard Drive - Windows 10 home - Motu 828mk3 Audio Interface - Roland SC880 Midi module - KRK Rockit 3 monitors, Alesis DM6 drum kit and a few guitars and a broken keyboard.

Thurisaz

Post by Thurisaz » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Hello guys from Steinberg,
Please, don't forget to add the Triplet and Dotted Grids in the Audio Editor for version 10.5!!!!! :-)
They are of high importance for Free Warping.

Greetings :-)

Juice

Post by Juice » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Thank you Matthias for putting this together.

Phase Coherent Multitrack Free Warping came in 13th beat out by Export to video and stereo fx's on mono channels?! what the heck? It's been implemented in PT since 2008. Invaluable tool for drum editing. Disappointing indeed. I don't get it sorry.
Nuendo 10
Nuendo 8
Nuendo 6.0.5
Nuendo 3
Cubase 3
Mac OSX 10.12.6, 48GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Antelope Orion 32+
RND 5088 32 Channel Console

chikitin

Post by chikitin » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:44 pm

skijumptoes wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:17 am
keyxmusic wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:09 am
I'm also gonna comment on one of the highly-ranked features here: chord detection from audio. This is a job for Melodyne, especially now that we've supported ARA. And even Melodyne, being as good as they are, haven't managed to do it perfectly because chord detection is still fairly difficult for computers to do, especially with multiple instruments. Therefore so there's no reason for a DAW maker to put their resource on this only to end up with a tool half as good.
Many people use tools like this in the composition stage, so quality of sound/tone is not the sole aim. Being able to play guitar direct into Cubase and for it to analyse the chords of that performance (as Studio One 4 can) is a really helpful addition to build the bones of a song.

Melodyne is not a composition tool so it makes perfect sense for Cubase to extend its chord track features from MIDI to audio like this .

So while you’re valid to say compositions are best manually scripted, don’t forget there’s many great emotional (guitar) players who haven’t a clue what the ‘exact’ chord is that they’re playing but can present a sweet recorded performance when asked, this would be such a useful tool for them to breakdown an learn/understand theory which they subconsciously adhere too already,

It’s about adding structure I guess.
With all the respect to Martin and Developers team who have been very helpful. I think people won't pay for VST's if it is not out of the box! There are many MIDI stuff we'd like to see happening! But I guess their point of making money is VST, effects, and anything that goes to DJs and clubs.
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro 10.0.40 on Mojave, the latest w/ two external Monitors
NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO,HSO
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10

mart

Post by mart » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Juice wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:22 pm
Thank you Matthias for putting this together.

Phase Coherent Multitrack Free Warping came in 13th beat out by Export to video and stereo fx's on mono channels?! what the heck? It's been implemented in PT since 2008. Invaluable tool for drum editing. Disappointing indeed. I don't get it sorry.
Yes the results are probably bewildering for ALL users. The main reason I think is that Cubase has such a broad userbase. Jack of all trades.

13. Phase Coherent Multitracking ... and
22. Import from Track feature enhancement would be two of my top votes but their way down
Windows 10 Build 1903 , Gigabyte x58 Soc FORCE, 16gb Ddr4 RAM, Intel 5930x, Cubase 9.5.5 Cubase 10.0.30, Dorico 2.2 1 OCTO & 1 Quad UAD, Protools 12.7, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 with 32gb Slave PC.

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 pm

mart wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:58 pm
13. Phase Coherent Multitracking ... and
22. Import from Track feature enhancement would be two of my top votes but their way down
As a coder myself, you sometimes hit the lower items on a list IF they can be worked out without affecting the rest of the code, just to get a break from a bigger project to keep you sane - So their positioning maybe doesn't reflect what gets done/attention and what doesn't.

currentsound

Post by currentsound » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:09 am

Thurisaz wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:33 pm
Hello guys from Steinberg,
Please, don't forget to add the Triplet and Dotted Grids in the Audio Editor for version 10.5!!!!! :-)
They are of high importance for Free Warping.

Greetings :-)
+1

Also in the arrange window unless that's what you meant? Both arrange window and event editor should have them. When you change the snap/grid amount in the arrangement window to triplets, the grid should swap to triplets. It snaps to triplets but the grid only shows quarter notes and divisions (8th, 16th, 32nd, 64th). We really need it to swap to 3/4. 3/8, 3/16, 3/32, 3/64, same with the event editor, making it not possible to know where they should go by looking at the arrange window so you are reliant on snap. However, free warp as well as manually lining things like transients up to triplets is super hard without seeing the grid in triplets as you're just guessing.

Also, swing amount should change the arrangement window grid too! As far as I know, swing is ignored by the arrangement window grid which shows everything without swing.

Funkybot

Post by Funkybot » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Looks like Wavelab 10 just got an External FX plugin. I'm hoping that's a precursor of what's to come in the next Cubase version.
Extended external effects support
You can now integrate external effect devices into the WaveLab signal flow by setting up external FX buses. Using a combination of outputs (sends) and inputs (returns) on your audio hardware, you can use external effects in the Audio Montage as Clip, Track and Output effects. If you select an External Effect ASIO plug-in as an insert effect for an effect slot in the Master Section, the audio is sent to the corresponding audio output, processed in your hardware effect and returned via the specified audio input to the plug-in. When any External Effect bus is used in the signal path, WaveLab will use the new ”Render in real time” option for rendering. (Note: External effects are not currently supported in the Batch Processor).
I'm hoping I'm reading that correctly and this is a plugin with configurable inputs and outputs like ReaInsert or Pipeline.

carltonbelnavis

Post by carltonbelnavis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 pm

Could the key editor be made to show various scales using high lighted keys similar to fl studio's helpers, this would be very usefull for creating melodies

Could mixconsole configurations be global

Could track names auto update when instruments are replaced.

Dragging an effect from the right zone to a track is too much of a stretch to the left side of the screen could this be made easier by dragging to the track space in the sequencer.

Whenever the limiter section in the channel strip is expanded and I close and open the channel strip a huge empty space appears beneith it. Can that problem be fix?

The Elf

Post by The Elf » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:00 am

carltonbelnavis wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 pm
Could mixconsole configurations be global
The point of having three mixers is so that each can be set differently. The last thing I would want is them all to be the same.

You can easily save and copy settings from one mixer to another, if that's what you want.
An Eagle for an Emperor... A Kestrel for a Knave.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”