Adding another kind of SUB Folders (for Orchestral composers)

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Aleksi

Adding another kind of SUB Folders (for Orchestral composers)

Post by Aleksi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello,

For us orchestral users, using many different sample libraries, it would be very useful to have another kind of folders that we could hide. They could be named "Sub Folders". I've seen this request a couple of times in the forum. Let me explain:

I will have a STRINGS folder, and within this folder, i will have many folders holding my strings libraries. For instance:

STRINGS (MAIN)
Vsl Strings (SUB FOLDER)
Albion library (SUB FOLDER)
Hollywood strings (SUB FOLDER)

Let's say i want to use only violin 1 & 2 from VSL, Low strings from Albion and Viola from Hollywood Strings. Then i hide the unused or deactivated tracks. BUT, i would still see the SUB FOLDERS. My suggestion, would be that the main STRINGS folder remains, and then the VSTi tracks would appear without their SUB titles. Please see the screenshots attached.

Screenshot named CURRENT is what Cubase does at the moment. FUTURE would be what i suggest.
It would make this type of session so much clearer. When using many different libraries for all types of instruments, having tons of folders and subfolders makes it very confusing. And just having the strings under a STRINGS folder, brass under BRASS, etc... would be much easier for the eyes and workflow.

I know some of you would suggest not having sub folders in the first place, but when your template has more than 2 000 VSTi tracks, it is necessary to classify by brands.

I would love to see such a feature added to Cubase.

Warm regards,
Aleksi.
Attachments
CURRENT.png
(44.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FUTURE.png
(28.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet

nonchai

Re: Adding another kind of SUB Folders (for Orchestral composers)

Post by nonchai » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:23 am

good idea

reztes

Re: Adding another kind of SUB Folders (for Orchestral composers)

Post by reztes » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:56 pm

It's a good concept to work on...

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”