Tempo/Arranger/Marker tracks in S1

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Tj99

Tempo/Arranger/Marker tracks in S1

Post by Tj99 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:02 pm

The last days I tried out S1 out of curiosity. Altough there is no intention to switch program, I have seen some really convenient features I liked and it would be absolutely great to have these also in cubase (aside from the tabbed plugin view, which is obviously a winner).
The menu where you can show/hide tempo/arranger/marker/etc.

By just one click on the tempo button or the marker button the tracks show up, and stay in this fixed position even if you're scrolling down your tracklist. By another click they will hide again. It is really a good concept!

J Buckingham

Re: Tempo/Arranger/Marker tracks in S1

Post by J Buckingham » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:42 pm

You can sought of already do this with a key command and the 'Divide Track List' feature. The little / on the right of the project view.
Place your Tempo, Arranger, Marker tracks at the top of the your project then set up a key command for 'Divide Track List'.
Cubase automatically puts these tracks in the upper section anyway, regardless of where they are placed within your project.
I don't see a real need to hide them altogether. IMHO they should always be readily accessible. ;)
Cubase Pro 10 (Latest), i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

Tj99

Post by Tj99 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:47 pm

J Buckingham wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:42 pm
You can sought of already do this with a key command and the 'Divide Track List' feature.
Yeah i know of that feature, but that does not work that well in my opinion.
1) you can't move a tempo track in there if you already have one
2) The size of the diveded window is not automatically sized to the number of tracks I put in, in addition I can scroll in there, so if my mouse is focused in that window accidentally, i scroll down and cannot see the first 1-2 tracks anymore. It feels really messy.
3) if I adjust the tempo track height in he divided list, (lets say to make it better visible for tempo changes) the size of the divided window remains the same, so I always have to adjust track and then the window. Thats not a fast and convinient workflow...

J Buckingham

Post by J Buckingham » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 am

Agreed. It could be better.
Cubase Pro 10 (Latest), i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Maybe I misread but the tempo track can as you say not be moved. However, you can move other tracks around it which is the other way of moving the Tempo track ...
A workaround of course.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 pm

+1 A very useful feature to have.

It's clumsy and often fiddly in Cubase in its current state.
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”