Not created Soft-eLicenser under any installation options (W10 Pro 1909 64bit)

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
jekahawk

Not created Soft-eLicenser under any installation options (W10 Pro 1909 64bit)

Post by jekahawk » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi!

I decided to try cubase 10 elements. downloaded the installer, received an activation code in the mail. Installed the latest version of eLCC and got a problem - Soft-eLicenser is not created. I downloaded elc-installation-helper and installed - the installation ends with a message about the impossibility of ending. This creates the Sincrosoft folders but is empty in them. Rebooting, uninstalling and cleaning the registry does not help. I’ve done all possible options dozens of times, including those described here on the forum - no result. I tried to do the same in the Windows sandbox on the same laptop - the file was created, but the installation still failed. I copied this Soft-eLicenser to the main host from the sandbox - an error in the eLCC - a deactivated licensor, the restoration leads to a message about the provider’s request for permission ... My Steinberg managed to register this Soft-eLicenser received in the sandbox, but it is there, but they say that he is not ... Installation Cubase 10.5 Elements Full produces the same results.

WHAT CAN I DO ???

Windows 10 Pro 1909 64bit

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Not created Soft-eLicenser under any installation options (W10 Pro 1909 64bit)

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi,

The reply is in the Steinberg Help Center here.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

jekahawk

Re: Not created Soft-eLicenser under any installation options (W10 Pro 1909 64bit)

Post by jekahawk » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:52 pm

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:34 pm
Hi,

The reply is in the Steinberg Help Center here.
As I described above, I tried all the methods that are described elsewhere: in the manual, in the help sections, forums, etc. I am not only a musician, but also a system administrator, so I understand what and how to do. But this does not help to create the SeLicenser.sel file in the right place. Even through the command line

"c: \ Program Files (x86) \ eLicenser \ POS \ SYNSOPOS.exe" / RegSeL

the file is not created. It may be necessary to provide any log files?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:41 am

Hi,

Do you have a rights to write to this folder? Could you try to install eLCC as Administrator, please?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

jekahawk

Post by jekahawk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 am

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:41 am
Hi,

Do you have a rights to write to this folder? Could you try to install eLCC as Administrator, please?
Yes, of course, with administrator rights.

In general, all installation processes, etc. I do with administrator rights. And I tried to change the access rights to the Syncrosoft folders in with с:\ProgramData and with с:\Users\All Users for full access for all users - to no avail. I cleaned the registry, tried installing in safe mode, etc. - the result is only one - the SeLicenser.sel file is not created. Just fantastic :(

Return to “Issues”