UAD2 Plugins & Rendering / Freezing

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
archonrecordings

UAD2 Plugins & Rendering / Freezing

Post by archonrecordings » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:54 pm

Hello all,

I have Cubase Pro 10, a UAD PCI-e card, and several UAD plugins which I am attempting to 'render in place'. I am on a Focusrite Clarett 2, through Thunderbolt, to a Windows 10 PC. I was able to accomplish this in Reaper, and was expecting to be able to with Cubase as well. However, when I try 'rendering in place', with channel settings, I end up with a blank wave file with no audio. Similarly, when I 'freeze' the tracks with a UAD plugin on, the resulting track is silent. Playback yields no audio from the frozen tracks.

I am nowhere near 100% DSP usage, and am only trying to apply some preamp coloration on these tracks before proceeding. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Worst case, I will be able to manually print to new audio tracks, but am hoping to find some setting or option that is causing this for me.

polynasia

Re: UAD2 Plugins & Rendering / Freezing

Post by polynasia » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:02 am

Sure you did not render/freeze a muted track? In such case, the mute will be rendered, i.e. no audio (fell on this several times)

marQs

Re: UAD2 Plugins & Rendering / Freezing

Post by marQs » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:37 am

Render in place works well with UAD plugins here, it's at least not a general problem.
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

Return to “Issues”