Weird issue with "record in editor" in Key Editor

Since the last update to 10.0.30 I experience a weird issue with the function “record in editor” in the Key Editor (record button in the upper left corner of the Key Editor). Opening any midi pattern in the Key Editor stops the midi playback until the next note is triggered, when “record in editor” is activated (which is my default setting). Is this deactivated, you can open and close the Key Editor and the Midi playback will continue through legato notes no problem. Is it activated, the Midi notes are interupted when opening the Key Editor or closing it or also activating/deactivating the “record in editor” function.
To exclude any external Midi device causing an issue here I tested this with everything switched off and the issue continued, so no possible external source of error.
Here’s the kicker: it works with one single software instrument: u-he’s “Zebra 2”. This one does not care if the function is activated. It will also continue through legato notes while opening the Key Editor. Everything else I tested (PadShop, Retrologue, Diva, Hive 2, Pianoteq 6, Massive, Massive X, Kontakt 6 via Vienna Ensemble, etc.etc.) all stop the moment you open the Key Editor or switch off/on the function.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Further notes:
• I don’t remember this ever being an issue in any previous version before the current one
• I tried this in various Cubase projects
• I use “double-click opens editor in a new window” and “open editor commands open editor in new window” preferences (since ages)

Cubase Pro 10.0.30 - macOS 10.14.5

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-23787.

AFAICS, it’s another aspect of this one.

At least, you got a kind of official answer, here… :neutral_face: