Crash on Audio Mixdown

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
PauloMattos

Crash on Audio Mixdown

Post by PauloMattos » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:13 am

Hello guys, so here are my problems:

1) Whenever I select File > Export > Audio Mixdown, Cubase instantly crashes.
2) If I right click on the track are and select any kind of tracks do be added, Cubase instantly crashes.
3) On any MixConsole, If I select aa few tracks and right click anywhere to add a Group or FX track, Cubase crashes.

I am using Windows 10, Cubase 10.0.4, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6gb, Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen.

None of these crashes generate crashdumps.

I have no idea on what to do, and at this point I am entirely unable to use the software. I wish Stainberg's support would help me.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Crash on Audio Mixdown

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi,

Make sure you are running Cubase at supported system (PC configuration).

If yes, I would recommend to:
- Reinstall Cubase from scratch (as administrator).
- Trash Cubase preferences.

If Cubase is still crashing, generate a crash dump file by using Microsoft ProcDump utility and attach it (or share a link), please.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

JRoeper
Steinberg Employee

Post by JRoeper » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi Paulo,

do you have Windows 10 "Tablet Mode" enabled (See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... e-a-tablet)?
If so, could you please try to turn it off and restart Cubase?
Does the problem still persist?

Best regards,
Janne.

Koulis

Post by Koulis » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:01 am

I reinstalled Cubase Pro 10.5 but nothing was fixed. The problem with crash remains on Export Audio Mixdown.
But when I Export in Realtime Export it works! So???????

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi and welcome,

So could you attach a crash dump file, please?
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

creartistic

Post by creartistic » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:58 am

I just wanted to add that I'm having the exact same problem. At first I thought that it was a new plug-in that I'm using, but then I tried exporting audio on my Cubase 9.5 which is still installed on my system. Guess what, the same export works just fine there.
On Cubase 10.5 however the export crashed at about 80%, and now (not sure why) it even crashes immediately after starting export.
The crash is so hard that I can't even close a windoow, I have to use the task manager to close Cubase down. I doubt there's any log entry at that point.

Please Steinberg fix this asap, because without export function Cubase 10 is practically useless.
Hardware: Asus Mainboard, i7 8700K, 64 GB RAM, M.2 SSD, UA Apollo Twin USB, Sennheizer HD 650, Focal Shape 40 | Software: Windows 10 Pro, Cubase 9.5 and 10.5, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Kontakt 5 | Samples: Orchestral Tools Inspire, Metropolis Ark, Berlin Series, Vienna Instruments, LASS, LADD, Spitfire Symphonic, Omnisphere, EWQL Gold/Gold XP, EWQL RA, HALion6 | Effects: 7th Heaven Reverb, Vienna Suite

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:34 pm

creartistic wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:58 am
I just wanted to add that I'm having the exact same problem. At first I thought that it was a new plug-in that I'm using, but then I tried exporting audio on my Cubase 9.5 which is still installed on my system. Guess what, the same export works just fine there.
On Cubase 10.5 however the export crashed at about 80%, and now (not sure why) it even crashes immediately after starting export.
The crash is so hard that I can't even close a windoow, I have to use the task manager to close Cubase down. I doubt there's any log entry at that point.
Hi,

It seems it's not a crash (after crash you wouldn't need to quit Cubase, because there wouldn't be Cubase running). So what is it? Is it a freeze?

You said you doubt there is no log. Could you check it, please?

Are you on Windows? Which version? Do you have the latest update installed? Some more details about your system (in the foot) could help.

If you are on Windows, use Microsoft ProcDump utility to make a dump file of the freeze, please.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

creartistic

Post by creartistic » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Thanks for responding. I'm not a software engineer, so I can't discern a crash from a freeze or a hang or whatever. I described what it does and what it doesn't.
And yes, I'm on Windows 10, latest updates installed.

How am I supposed this ProcDump utility? There are about 30 parameters. Does it have to be loaded before Cubase is started? Before the crash, after the crash? Can you please give a step-by-step instruction?
Hardware: Asus Mainboard, i7 8700K, 64 GB RAM, M.2 SSD, UA Apollo Twin USB, Sennheizer HD 650, Focal Shape 40 | Software: Windows 10 Pro, Cubase 9.5 and 10.5, Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, Kontakt 5 | Samples: Orchestral Tools Inspire, Metropolis Ark, Berlin Series, Vienna Instruments, LASS, LADD, Spitfire Symphonic, Omnisphere, EWQL Gold/Gold XP, EWQL RA, HALion6 | Effects: 7th Heaven Reverb, Vienna Suite

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:11 am

Hi,

I'm sorry as Mac user, I have never used the Microsoft ProcDump utility. This is not Cubase specific utility, I believe there will be some step by step video tutorial on YouTube.

As far as I know the users just started the utility. Then started Cubase. Made the steps to get into the hang/freeze situation and the Microsoft utility created needed dmp file itself.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

creartistic

Post by creartistic » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:18 pm

I will create a dump file as soon as I find out how to parametrize this tool.
Meanwhile suffice to say that export crashes every single time I use it, whether I use real-time export or not.
I'm happy I still have my 9.5 version installed, because I wouldn't be able to get my audio out of Cubase.
That's not a small detail bug, it's essential, and I would appreciate Steinberg to take care of it asap.

btw: I got word that supposedly an UAD plug-in might be the cause of the problem. I don't know if that's the case. I don't use them in this composition, but indeed I have them installed. Is there a way to bypass and run Cubase without them? I wouldn't want to uninstall them all just for doing defect research...

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi,
creartistic wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:18 pm
I would appreciate Steinberg to take care of it asap.
The dump file is needed to Steinberg can take care.
creartistic wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:18 pm
btw: I got word that supposedly an UAD plug-in might be the cause of the problem. I don't know if that's the case. I don't use them in this composition, but indeed I have them installed. Is there a way to bypass and run Cubase without them? I wouldn't want to uninstall them all just for doing defect research...
In Cubase 10.5 you can start Cubase without all 3rd party plug-ins from Cubase Safe Start Mode. Or you can create and use your own plug-in collection in Cubase, what are UAD not in use.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

creartistic

Post by creartistic » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks, good to know.

Meanwhile I'd like to share some more observations:
Today I've made a new project, same Plug-ins, only difference they don't run in VEpro, but directly in Cubase. Export works fine - for the first time.
The other projects I referred to keep making trouble. Most of the time, export fails at ~80%. There are occasions when it freezes at 0%.

Return to “Issues”