Enabled Instrument's MIDI tracks sometimes forget connection...

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
newweststudios

Enabled Instrument's MIDI tracks sometimes forget connection...

Post by newweststudios » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:38 am

Midi tracks sometimes forget what instrument they were connected to when enabling and disabling it's designated instrument track. When it forgets it indicates as if the routing is missing and I need to reassign it to the correct instrument track. This seems random as a lot of the time it forgets, a lot of the time it remembers. Anybody else? Any fix? Thank you!
MacPro 7.1 ** 16 Core-3.2 GHZ ** 128GB RAM ** Radeon VII w/2x 4k Displays, Raven ** MacOS Catalina ** 4TB NVME **
** Cubase 10.5 (convert from DP9) ** Composer Tools iPad ** CC121

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Enabled Instrument's MIDI tracks sometimes forget connection...

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 am

Hi,

Yes, there are some known and reported issues in this area.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

wjoyce

Post by wjoyce » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Asus Prime Z390-A/Intel Core i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz/16GB RAM/Windows 10 Pro/Cubase Pro 10.5.10/EVGA GTX1050Ti

reztes

Post by reztes » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 pm

It's not random, it depends on the order they are enabled. It happens because Cubase change the ID of the plugin whenever is disconnected. So if you have VST 1. Kontakt, 2. Sine Player, 3. Labs; disable all three and then you enable first Sine, then Kontakt and finally Labs, you will get the order 1. Sine Player, 2. Kontakt and 3. Labs and your MIDI tracks connected to Kontakt and Sine Player will be "missing", whereas the ones connected with Labs will work as intended. At least, this is what I think it happens.

In practice, this problem renders the whole enable/disable thing almost useless. And this happens since they invented it... They know, but they don't solve it (I guess they would have to change all the VST ID thing, which would be A LOT OF work).

Return to “Issues”