how does one download 10.04?

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
Post Reply
theadzter
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 am
Contact:

how does one download 10.04?

Post by theadzter » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:52 am

In regards to the locked post above outlining current issues with 10.05 and 10.5... you mention to install or revert to 10.04.

I was lucky enough to have a 10.04 install located on another machine, so I'm back up and working fine again. But it would have been easier to be able to download it from scratch... and even necessary had I not had 10.04 handy. 10.04 is very stable for me, but I had issues with .5 & .05.

Is there somewhere we can download previous versions when situations like this arise? Or can you in fact instal the 10.04 upgrade over 10.05 and effectively 'downgrade'?

Cheers, Ad

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder
Posts: 19980
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:08 am

Hi,

I'm not Fabio, but I sent you some links via PM.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

theadzter
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by theadzter » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 am

Cheers Martin...

So you can install 04 over 05... great to know.

Thanks again, Ad

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder
Posts: 19980
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi,
theadzter wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 am
So you can install 04 over 05... great to know.
I don't think so. I would say the OS would inform you, you have a newer version installed.

I guess you have to uninstall/delete Cubase completely. Then install the Full Installer Cubase version (I forgot if it was 10.0.0, 10.0.5 or 10.0.10) and then update to 10.0.40.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Atanaz
Junior Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:14 pm
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by Atanaz » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:04 am

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:01 pm
Hi,
theadzter wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 am
So you can install 04 over 05... great to know.
I don't think so. I would say the OS would inform you, you have a newer version installed.

I guess you have to uninstall/delete Cubase completely. Then install the Full Installer Cubase version (I forgot if it was 10.0.0, 10.0.5 or 10.0.10) and then update to 10.0.40.
Martin.Jirsak could you send me the link for 10.0.40 too, please? 10.0.50 behaves very poorly regarding VST3 and CPU consumption. I'm on Win10.
Last edited by Atanaz on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shanabit
Senior Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:50 pm
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by shanabit » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:39 am

Hey Martin, I need the download link to 10.0.40 as well for Mac

Thanks
Cubase 10.5.12 , MR816X, CC121
OSX High Sierra 10.13.6, 2010 MacPro 8 Core 2.4, 14 GB Ram

https://steinberg.help/cubase-manuals/cubase-pro/

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder
Posts: 19980
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:07 am

Atanaz wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:04 am
Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:01 pm
Hi,
theadzter wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 am
So you can install 04 over 05... great to know.
I don't think so. I would say the OS would inform you, you have a newer version installed.

I guess you have to uninstall/delete Cubase completely. Then install the Full Installer Cubase version (I forgot if it was 10.0.0, 10.0.5 or 10.0.10) and then update to 10.0.40.
Martin.Jirsak could you send me the link for 10.0.40 too, please? 10.0.50 behaves very poorly regarding VST3 and CPU consumption. I'm on Win10.
Hi,

I sent you PM.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder
Posts: 19980
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 am

shanabit wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:39 am
Hey Martin, I need the download link to 10.0.40 as well for Mac

Thanks
Hi,

I sent you PM.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

wazulon
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:09 am
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by wazulon » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 pm

Howdy Martin. If you could flick me the link too please that would be muchly appreciated. I can't do any work at this end and 10.5.10 hasn't helped.
Mac OS for me :)
Cheers

Waz

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder
Posts: 19980
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:13 pm

wazulon wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Howdy Martin. If you could flick me the link too please that would be muchly appreciated. I can't do any work at this end and 10.5.10 hasn't helped.
Mac OS for me :)
Cheers

Waz
Hi,

I sent you PM.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

User avatar
Genos
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:30 am
Contact:

Re: how does one download 10.04?

Post by Genos » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:19 am

I think this was the last version for Win7 which I am running...
I just got a new Genos and a very old CD came in the "survival" kit.

I don't know how one is to survive with AI version 6 and a 2GB usb stick.

Thank you for the link, @Martin. Everything went fine.

If you are interested, or would like to ask questions I will try to help.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=180086&p=956890#p956890

Post Reply

Return to “Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Scarfacedugettho and 5 guests