Right Click menu decimated

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
Dietz

Re: Right Click menu decimated

Post by Dietz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:18 am

+1!
/Dietz

| audio | engineering | music | production |
| soundware | development |

| Nuendo versions from 5.5.6 to 10.2.0 | on various systems and platforms |
| Steinberg user since the 80ies | Nuendo user and forum member since 2000 |

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 pm

So for someone not yet on v10 could someone explain just what the difference is?

The actual menu looks different when you drop it down, is that correct? And it has nothing to do with what's enabled or disabled in preferences, correct?
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Getalife2

Post by Getalife2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:21 pm

About 60% of the previous choices have been removed. To get to them you'll either need a key command or go up to the top left corner of the application and open a menu their from which you can select what used to be in the right click project menu.

Personally, I think it's a conspiracy. I think someone at Steinberg has a relative who does carpal tunnel surgery and is trying to generate additional business for them!
N10.0.20 - i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

GregD_Br

Post by GregD_Br » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:18 pm

GNP wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:58 am
Yes, bring back the damn full menu! I'm referring to Nuendo 10.1!

I often use "Convert Mono to Multiple Channels/Convert Multiple Channels to Mono", and now it's gone!

I ALWAYS receive OMFs/AAFs from video editors, and every stereo track is mono when I import these files. I NEED the "Convert Mono to Multiple Channels" command, and it's now GONE from the right click menu.

Please bring back the FULL menu, guys.
I just made a new post about this in the forum. I use this function constantly as well. I will seriously have to temporarily install Nuendo 8 again just for this function. Is this still not solved? Why would anyone pay for a software "upgrade" with less features?

GregD_Br

Post by GregD_Br » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:58 pm

GregD_Br wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:18 pm
GNP wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:58 am
Yes, bring back the damn full menu! I'm referring to Nuendo 10.1!

I often use "Convert Mono to Multiple Channels/Convert Multiple Channels to Mono", and now it's gone!

I ALWAYS receive OMFs/AAFs from video editors, and every stereo track is mono when I import these files. I NEED the "Convert Mono to Multiple Channels" command, and it's now GONE from the right click menu.

Please bring back the FULL menu, guys.
I just made a new post about this in the forum. I use this function constantly as well. I will seriously have to temporarily install Nuendo 8 again just for this function. Is this still not solved? Why would anyone pay for a software "upgrade" with less features?
I see now it is just under the project menu all good mild freak out for a moment haha

Return to “General”