Nuendo 10.2 - Video Rendering & maintenance update available

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
AlexBell

Re: Nuendo 10.2 - Video Rendering & maintenance update available

Post by AlexBell » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:24 am

Right... thanks, didn't see that. Guess I'm stuck in the old world.. ;-)

miguelnunes

Post by miguelnunes » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Dear Nuendo 10.2.0 Team:

So. Tried to give, yet, another chance to the colour context without "transparent mode", spent 5 hours on it.
Cant get a "deeper" track colour to work properly on a dark project background, and can't stand a "lite" project background with black wave forms.
Always worked with strong track colours, and the closest thing I could get and tolerate, take notice that its just my user preference, was a white waveform across the board, but, after setting and saving those colours prefs, I came with yet another funny thing: THERE ARE BUGS ON THE SAVED SETTINGS ON THE COLOURS PREFS. Those will not save as expected, well, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't!!!
Do you guys really think that in Post, we have the time to open the editor instead of staying on the project window, to edit a file?! Cause it seems like the sudden disappear of the "transparent mode" leads exactly to that kind of thinking.
Im now back to N8, mind you, payed the same for that N8-N10 upgrade as the people that crossgraded from cubase, oh!!!! and also mind you, my first Nuendo rig was that bundled RME one back in the days, with RME AD/DA´s and Word Clock, N2/N3.
So, and after spending that amount of money throughout all these years on your products, can I at least get my preferred workspace back? it was there recently, but then, a ".1" update tried to marry his relative just to make things EASIER (?!)
Get your S#it together Steinberg, ASAP.

Dietz

Post by Dietz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:29 pm

miguelnunes wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 pm
[...] another funny thing: THERE ARE BUGS ON THE SAVED SETTINGS ON THE COLOURS PREFS. Those will not save as expected, well, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't!!! [...]
... a known, although unaddressed issue:

-> viewtopic.php?f=291&t=160221&p=877865#p877865
/Dietz

| audio | engineering | music | production |
| soundware | development |

| Nuendo versions from 5.5.6 to 10.2.0 | on various systems and platforms |
| Steinberg user since the 80ies | Nuendo user and forum member since 2000 |

Christian van Caine

Post by Christian van Caine » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:20 pm

Regarding the video-exporter: As far as first releases go this looks really really decent! Love where this is going! Will not miss muxxing in After Effects.
https://abrokenlinemovie.blogspot.com/

Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab 9.5, Sound Forge Pro 12, Pro 24 III and Cubase 2.01/3.0 (Atari), full Adobe CS6-suite, Plugins from MAAT, Millennia, Eventide, Dolby, Weiss, Sound Toys, Izotope, SSL, and AudioEase to name a few.
Windows 10 Pro, Xeon 8-core, ASUS X99 E, Prism Sound Titan, Black Magic Intensity PCIe, Atari MEGA 4 STe with MIDEX+, every kind of hand-held (DPA/phone) known to man, Amiga 600 and a few 500, Commodore 64' and 128's. I am NOT getting into what I use on these, that would take a list of its own.
As much hardware gear, synthesizers, and sounding toys as I can possibly get my paws on. Including for the micro-computers.

puppystudios

Post by puppystudios » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm

@Iftekharul Anam
If you are using Windows platform, please note that Windows 10 is required for the video export feature.
It is not supposed to be working on Windows 7 in case you are using it.
That explains all, that I could not find it. But come on, frankly, I am surely not the only one who still use Win 7. Which is rock steady stable.
So is it soooo difficult to implement it in Win 7 ? I don't get it. However Nuendo 10 works for me like a charm.

Iftekharul Anam

Post by Iftekharul Anam » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:00 pm

puppystudios wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm
@Iftekharul Anam
If you are using Windows platform, please note that Windows 10 is required for the video export feature.
It is not supposed to be working on Windows 7 in case you are using it.
That explains all, that I could not find it. But come on, frankly, I am surely not the only one who still use Win 7. Which is rock steady stable.
So is it soooo difficult to implement it in Win 7 ? I don't get it. However Nuendo 10 works for me like a charm.
Dear, Microsoft itself has probably announced its cancellation of support for Windows 7 within 2020, which starts just two months from now. I highly recommend you to upgrade to Windows 10 for this reason alone, if not for all the goodness.
https://li.sten.to/Anam

Nuendo 10
WaveLab 9.5 Pro
Windows 10 Pro
Komplete 12 Ultimate
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen
Ryzen™ 7 1700X, X370, GTX 970

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:33 pm

puppystudios wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm
come on, frankly, I am surely not the only one who still use Win 7. Which is rock steady stable.
So is it soooo difficult to implement it in Win 7 ? I don't get it.
It's not complicated, most likely. It costs money to develop for multiple operating systems and support for them all. And with no 'backup' from Microsoft it just seems like a no-brainer to move on.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:10 pm

The video renderingg uses technology that is available in Win10 but not in Win7.
That's why it was removed from the menu running under Win7, 'cause it wouldn't work anyway.

Fredo

Yannick

Post by Yannick » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Fredo wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:10 pm
The video renderingg uses technology that is available in Win10 but not in Win7.
That's why it was removed from the menu running under Win7, 'cause it wouldn't work anyway.

Fredo
Too bad for us Win7 users ;-)

Regards
Yannick

Return to “General”