Segment / Clip time markers

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 10 can be posted here.
Neil K

Segment / Clip time markers

Post by Neil K » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 pm

We need to be able to see the timings on individual clips. For instance, if I have a clip on track 3, I need to quickly be able to go 3 minutes and 15 seconds into that clip to make an edit, irregardless of the master project time ruler. A few ways that would be useful would be:

-Adding a second ruler track that allows you to easily set that start (00:00) at any place you need, such as at current cursor position.
-When a clip is selected, having the overview display "current time" as you scroll through it. It already has start, end, length, etc. One more bit of info would help.

I'm currently hi-lighting the clip and setting in/out markers, then manually punching in the "out" time and going there. It's okay, but time consuming when I'm doing multiple inserts for audiobooks.
Neil Kesterson
Dynamix Productions
Lexington, KY

http://www.dxaudio.com

Nuendo 10.x
Mac Pro Late 2013 Trashcan (3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5; 32GB 18663MHz DDR3 ECC memory)
Glyph GT062E 2Tb RAID (USB3) + many other hard drives
Yamaha n12; Steinberg MR816X
Endless pot of coffee

Niekbeem

Re: Segment / Clip time markers

Post by Niekbeem » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:23 pm

+1
I also like to add the request to add a marker to a specific position in individual clips. I know there is the function "regions" in the sample editor, but that's a feature from the past which needs an overhaul in order to work faster and to don't have to leave the project window.

I must say that I appreciate the fact that quite some new and junior members add very thoughtful and constructive feature-requests here recently.
Thanks!

Niek/ Amsterdam
Nuendo 10 / Pro Tools Ultimate / Logic X / MixBus32C 5 / WaveLab 10
MacPro 5.1: 12Core 3.46GHz Intel Xeon/ 48GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.13
MacBook Pro: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9/ 32 GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.14
MetricHalo ULN8 + 2882 / RME HDSPe MadiFace
Euphonix MC Pro

Neil K

Re: Segment / Clip time markers

Post by Neil K » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:49 pm

Ha ha, I’m a junior member? I guess so, but I’ve been a pro user since v 1.5. Still one of the best editors out there and SB is way more responsive than the giant.
Neil Kesterson
Dynamix Productions
Lexington, KY

http://www.dxaudio.com

Nuendo 10.x
Mac Pro Late 2013 Trashcan (3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5; 32GB 18663MHz DDR3 ECC memory)
Glyph GT062E 2Tb RAID (USB3) + many other hard drives
Yamaha n12; Steinberg MR816X
Endless pot of coffee

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”