Meters?

Post questions and find answers on the latest SpectraLayers release here.
samples

Meters?

Post by samples » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:23 am

I bought SL6 recently and, while I can't say it has been an entirely positive experience thus far, I see lots of potential and I'm sure the devs are hard at work addressing the issues. That being said, my main issue is that there are no meters in the software. Considering that a key function of this program is to duplicate and mix audio info I feel like we REALLY need to see what is happening in order to prevent clipping when the file is rendered down to 16-24 bits. Bonus points for adding Loudness normalization since without this I'm just going to have to end up loading the SL6 exports back into Reaper or iZotope to meet loudness targets.

Needs:
Master meter (peak/rms)
Per-layer meters (peak/rms)

That's all. Cool software!! Keep up the good work.

JSL

Re: Meters?

Post by JSL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am

samples wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:23 am
I bought SL6 recently and, while I can't say it has been an entirely positive experience thus far, I see lots of potential and I'm sure the devs are hard at work addressing the issues. That being said, my main issue is that there are no meters in the software. Considering that a key function of this program is to duplicate and mix audio info I feel like we REALLY need to see what is happening in order to prevent clipping when the file is rendered down to 16-24 bits. Bonus points for adding Loudness normalization since without this I'm just going to have to end up loading the SL6 exports back into Reaper or iZotope to meet loudness targets.

Needs:
Master meter (peak/rms)
Per-layer meters (peak/rms)

That's all. Cool software!! Keep up the good work.
You can use SL in DAW trough ARA and then use DAW meters.
Also SL has some measuring tools:
http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... _data.html did You check them?
WS: HP Z4 G4 (6QP02ES) Intel Core i7-9800x, 32 GB RAM
SW: Win 10, Cubase Pro 10.5, SpectraLayers Pro 6, Wavelab Elements 9.5, Grand 3 SE, Padshop Pro, Iconica Sections & Players
HW: CC121, Maschine MKIII, UR44, Motu Micro Lite, DSI Mopho X4, Kurzweil SP 4-8, Arturia Keystep, Eurorack setup, AS Oberkorn MKII, Laney IRT-Studio, Octatrack MKI, Line 6 M5

samples

Re: Meters?

Post by samples » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 pm

This was just a suggestion since most other audio tools have meters. I’m not really looking for a workaround. Thanks, though.

Return to “SpectraLayers 6”