Known issues with Cubase 7 and CC121

Dear CC121 customers,

during our thorough test cycles we discovered a few incompatibility issues between some of our hardware products and the initial Cubase 7.0.0 release version. We highly recommend that you refer to this corresponding Knowledge Base article if and how your Steinberg hardware product is affected before updating to Cubase 7.

We know that this isn’t great news but it’s our goal to be transparent. Rest assured that we are taking all issues seriously and already scheduled actions to resolve them as soon as possible to make your experience with Steinberg products the best there is.

Best regards,

Stefan Schreiber

Thank you for being transparent. That is good news in itself. Looking forward to the resolutions! :slight_smile:

Just bought the cc121 last week asking numerous times if it will be compatible with C7…

So this is kind of bad news and I hope things will be solved, because I bought it just for the eq section

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. Missing verification all hardware in production is really very unprofessional. Especially with this release where there are supposed to be lot of changes for remotes. But the transparency is of course the best thing you can do at the moment. My experience is that the .0 releases are no good any way. Always something important that isn’t working…

bug:
Most of the times C7 doesn’t recognize the cc121…

it’s kind of random, work around now

before opening C7, put cc121 on and off

working on windows 7

When can we expect the maintanance update of Cubase 7 and Tools for cc121?
I want to be able to control the full EQ settings with my cc121 which I can not do now. How should I interest my Cubase course customers for the cc121 if it doesn’t work properly with Cubase? This MUST be solved this month as promised. Better today than tomorrow. You got 3 days left in January, as promissed in the Knowledge Base article…get it on guys!

:smiley: That’s good news. So there’s still hope!

And, my friends at Steinberg? Do we get the Tools for cc121 today as promised here:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-7-known-issues-with-steinberg-hardware/kb_back/2020.html

I’m looking forward to it, impatiently…

And you did it. Great job. You guys keep your promises!
Now I’m going to download and install to check if it solves the EQ issue with C7.
I’ll get back to you soon!

And everything works just fine now with Cubase 7.0.1. Great job. Thanks!

No I was under the understanding that there is NO fix for the EQ knobs as of yet on the CC121. That they still do NOT adjust the eq and you still need to use your mouse. It that true? And that would be fixed in the FEB update?

Well, I can fully control the standard channel EQ with my cc121 now with Cubase 7.0.1. All works just fine here!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you Steinberg. I can once again control everything with my CC121. The fix came with MRtools 1.7.4. The more I learn to use this product the more I love it. It has officially surpassed Pro Tools by a long shot. I love everything about it now. The combination with my 2 MR816’s is incredible. Direct monitoring!!! How come no one else is using this technology? It is so professional.

I love the look and feel and ability to do it all even better than before.

Thanks again Steinberg!

Thanks, Steinberg! Yes, the CC121 now seems to work well with Cubase 7! Whew!

However, one humble piece of advice: In the future, please, please, please do more in-house testing before releasing a major product like Cubase 7. Yes, you guys have fixed CC121 with C7, but shouldn’t they have worked well together on launch? Think about it… would have been much better to wait to release C7 a little later and ensure that Steinberg’s own hardware worked from the beginning… much better for PR, much better for customers’ confidence. Just my opinion.

Still some annoyances:

-AI knob works with track Mute, but not with Solo.
-When channels are linked, panning only works with the first channel, no matter what channel you have selected on the mixconsole. This seems to be a mixconsole problem though, not cc121.