Can you route ADAT input to ADAT output (ie, duplicate ADAT input to go to ADAT output) on Mr816?

All about Steinberg's Advanced Integration DSP Studio MR816 CSX and MR816 X.
currentsound

Can you route ADAT input to ADAT output (ie, duplicate ADAT input to go to ADAT output) on Mr816?

Post by currentsound » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi, this is function I used in the software of my old digital mixer/interface, Tascam FW-1884, you can duplicate the ADAT inputs to ADAT outputs and send them to another soundcard to be recorded in another program at the same time, it's super handy. You can also use it if you have a different interface for Cubase than you do for Pro Tools to pass the ADAT input connection over to the Pro Tools interface without any quality drop and also since ADAT doesn't pass through an analogue patchbay .

Anyway, can you assign the ADAT inputs to route out the ADAT outputs in the dspmixfx software? I couldn't see an option on the screenshots. Want to make sure before buying a few used MR816 units. Can someone try it for me please to see if it's an option in the software?
Tom Watson
Current Sound
www.currentsound.com

shanabit

Re: Can you route ADAT input to ADAT output (ie, duplicate ADAT input to go to ADAT output) on Mr816?

Post by shanabit » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:37 am

You should PM Norbury Brook on this one.

I dont have any ADAT devices here these days but I did run Optical SPDIF out a synth, into the MR and I was able to see signal on the Optical SPIDIF out. Its encouraging but I dont have an end device to check the levlels, sorry.
Cubase Pro 9.5.41, StudioOnePro 3.5.6
OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra
MacPro 2010, 14GB Ram, 2x 2.4Ghz Quad Core
Steinberg MR816X Tools ( Current)
CC121 (Current)

Return to “Steinberg MR816”