Help! Steinberg CI1 Issue - No Sound From Condenser Mic

This section is about Steinberg's USB audio interfaces CI1, CI2 and CI2+
TimLiu92

Help! Steinberg CI1 Issue - No Sound From Condenser Mic

Post by TimLiu92 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi all,
First of all I am very new to this audio interface. I just got a Steinberg CI1 connected to my MXL990 condenser mic. Apparently I have connected the XLR cable from the condenser mic to the Mic/Line 2/R Input while the audio interface, which is connected to my MacBook Pro through USB, is green (generally on).

However, the issue now lies in the condenser mic, which does not make any sound. On the other hand, the Peak LED on Input 2 Gain is also rather dull and was not fully bright in color after the Phantom Input was switched on. I did not connect anything to the Output or the Headphones in the interface. Does this have anything to do with it? Or is there any problem that causes this to happen? Since I am new to all this it is quite frustrating for me and I hope I can receive a reply very soon.

Regards and many thanks,
Timothy

DaveAbbott

Re: Help! Steinberg CI1 Issue - No Sound From Condenser Mic

Post by DaveAbbott » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:04 am

Hi There

This may sound obvious but have you switched the phantom power on?

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
Entertainer | Musician | Producer
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, DX58SO, 12Gig DDR1600 RAM, System Drive 64 Gig SSD + 480 Gig SSD sample drive + 3 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, Cubase 10 Pro, Wavelab 9.5, NI Komplete Ultimate, UAD, Waves, and various other plugs
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite ISA One, Focusrite Octopre, Cubase Elements 8.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on spare machine. Cubase Elements 9.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on Stage Laptop (Dell 6430 i7 with 8gig RAM)
Korg Taktile 49 Controller Steinberg CC121 Controller

Rule 1: Have Fun! Rule 2: It's Not Serious! Rule 3: When in doubt refer to Rule 1!!

TimLiu92

Re: Help! Steinberg CI1 Issue - No Sound From Condenser Mic

Post by TimLiu92 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:15 am

Hi Dave,
Yes the Phantom Power has been on. The input light is blinking but there is no recording from the computer.

Regards,
Timothy

Return to “Steinberg CI Series”