CI2 Driver Problem in Cubase 7.5 64Bit

I just set up a b-rig in my studio to do voice overs. Its a new machine running Windows 7 64 Bit that I installed. I have installed both Cubase 7.5 and Wavelab 8. Using a CI2 Interface. Wavelab sees the CI2 with no problems. Windows plays audio from either a browser, or Windows Media Player. iTunes also works fine. However when I start Cubase 7.5 and go to the VST Audio System drop-down menu to choose my CI2 interface, neither it nor the Windows driver are there. It just says’ “No Driver” in the box. Out of morbid curiosity I downloaded and installed Reaper to see if it is a Cubase issue, but it is the same thing with Reaper as well. This must be a Windows issue…I guess? :question:

Anybody have any ideas or fixes for this?

Appreciate it!

Are you using " Tools for CI2 " version 1.8.3 if you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1
or
" Tools for CI2 " version 1.7.3 if you have not updated Windows 7 to Service Pack 1 ?

Is the CI2 connected before you start Cubase ?

Yes, I have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and I am using Tools Version 1.8.3 And yes, I have it plugged in before I start Cubase. The strange thing is, I just set this all up on my Laptop running the exact same OS and it all works beautifully. I’m at a complete loss. Totally stumped.

Problem Solved! For some reason, ASIO in my current Windows 7 user profile had decided to fail. Not sure why. BUT, I did finally find a solution. Took me two days, but here it is. All I had to do was create a new User Profile. Here’s how ya do it!