SyncStation in Madi systems

Hello,

We own a TimeBase which was a good idea at the time although we all know it’s limitations. We could certainly use the SyncStation but our large systems are all Madi therefore we have no way of interfacing an audio port to gain the advantages of accurate sync the SyncStation promises. We’d like to add an RME aes card but there are not any slots. We could purchase an RME ADI-642 to bring an aes port out, but that seems like quite a waste both of money and rackspace. Are there plans to integrate Madi into the Syncstation?

Thanks
Hugh

Hello,
I suppose three days is enough for a response so I’m interpreting the silence as “no”. Unfortunately.
Hugh

Hello Hugh, sorry that you had to wait. Actually you will need a physical connection that
is supplied and built in the SyncStation for supporting SystemLink like SPDIF coax or
optical, AES XLR or AES BNC. This means in your situation you would need a Madi to AES
converter box that are only a very few existing or an additional AES card. As the hardware
was not specified for a MADI input, there would be no possibility to integrate MADI into
the current SyncStation. best regards, Tino

Hello Tino,

I didn’t catch this earlier, thanks for the response.
Hugh

that was something really helpful. will be looking forward to use this with my situation too. a big help. thanks!

I have a large Madi system as well and what you will need, as an alternative to the SyncStation is a Colin Broad P2MMC-USB and a Word clock/video sync device such as the Rosendalh NanoSyncs HD or Mutec iClock.

Video Sync is required otherwise the LTC will drift over time and the P2MMC won’t work without it.

Actually you will need a physical connection that
is supplied and built in the SyncStation for supporting SystemLink like SPDIF coax or
optical, AES XLR or AES BNC. This means in your situation you would need a Madi to AES
converter box that are only a very few existing or an additional AES card. As the hardware
was not specified for a MADI input, there would be no possibility to integrate MADI into
the current SyncStation.

Hi

Thank you for the specificiations in this thread. It helped me alot while building my computer. But do you know any for the cost of these hardware pieces?

Dearest

Lars

I´ve personally seen some stuff on youtube about this subject. You might aswell try it out