Export section

Hey PG,

I`d like to have a function to have an automated Export of a region to a definable location.
Region: From Marker to marker
Filename = Markername

Why would I want that?
At the moment I am setting up markers and naming them.
Then I have to Export the region by marking it, saving it [Strg+E] and typing the name of the marker/region again as filename.

Would that be possible for the future?

P.S.: I have to do that because markers in an audiofile are not carried over to a Montage when importing the file.

Thx,
Stanley

Of course they are:
Go to the second menu in the wave window (it is “Bearbeiten” in german) and select “create Audio Montage from Audio file” (or similar) - or just press the letter “m” on the keyboard. In the dialog which pops up you can choose to import the markers from the audio file.

This can also be done already: If you have defined regions, either by region markers, CD track markers or loop markers you can choose in the render dialog to export the regions to a definable location using the marker names.

Thank you, Guru Lutz. :smiley:

Nevertheless, a little box “Import markers” when importing a file into a Montage would be nice.

I have to do that because markers in an audiofile are not carried over to a Montage when importing the file.

What about this:
2012-06-06_18-39-01.png

Is this (yellow highlighted) “Transcribe markers…” a proposed innovation/improvement you had planned to incorporate, or does it actually exist ? I’m unable to find it in 8.5.

I have about 8 audio files, each with movement markers incorporated within them. I want to open them all in a single montage, with each clip retaining/importing it’s original markers into the Montage.

Currently, when importing these clips into Montage, they have lost their markers…how can I reinstate them (and why don’t they transfer these markers automatically anyway?)

Why should exporting these files into Montage automatically lose the marker data…or is it just hidden and needs to be activated to show ?

Here: