Meta Normalizer and Audio Montage Question

All topics on WaveLab 7 and WaveLab Elements 7
haloinreverse

Meta Normalizer and Audio Montage Question

Post by haloinreverse » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:49 am

Is the Meta Normalizer something I should use before I start EQ'ing, mulitband compressing, on each individual track or after I do that?

Do I use it before I place a maximizer on the master section or before?

It's a bit confusing in that respect what comes first and what comes last? Thanks!

Also are you guys placing things like tap emulation and Maximizing/limiting on each individual track or on the master section so that it applies to all of the track through out? In my case I would be using the UA Ampex ATR-102 plugin then the UA Precision Maximizer.
Gigabyte Designare, Intel i7-9700k, 16gb of ram, Windows 10, RME MADI HDSPe, SSL Alpha Link MADI-AX, 2x UAD-2 Quad cards, 1 UAD-2 Solo, 2 Focusrite IAS 828's and many other goodies.

PG

Re: Meta Normalizer and Audio Montage Question

Post by PG » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 am

Better after, so that your effects settings are taken into account. Else, your effect settings will change the loudness balances.
Philippe

haloinreverse

Post by haloinreverse » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 am

Excellent, thank you Philippe!

If I'm using the Universal Audio Precision Maximizer in the master section, would it better to uncheck both the normalize master section input and master section output?

I'm assuming normalizing (master section input and output) would work against the RMS "meta" normalizing that is being done?
Gigabyte Designare, Intel i7-9700k, 16gb of ram, Windows 10, RME MADI HDSPe, SSL Alpha Link MADI-AX, 2x UAD-2 Quad cards, 1 UAD-2 Solo, 2 Focusrite IAS 828's and many other goodies.

PG

Post by PG » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:02 am

Yes to both questions. Keeping in mind that too much limiting, even by a good limiter, has drawbacks as you might know.
Philippe

haloinreverse

Post by haloinreverse » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Hehehe yes, definitely aware of that. Thanks for the help Philippe!

Return to “WaveLab 7 | WaveLab Elements 7”