WL7 reading material

All topics on WaveLab 7 and WaveLab Elements 7
dvdrtldg

WL7 reading material

Post by dvdrtldg » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:45 am

Like many WaveLab 6 users, I upgraded to 7 without giving it a second thought, but then was surprised/disappointed to find so many changes and no manual. It's an old debate now and I won't rehearse it again - except to say that I'm still tripping over problems in 7 that I can't solve on my own, the mouseover Help function is hopeless, the forums & the truncated WL7 "manual" are of limited use, and the video tutorials I downloaded don't always answer my questions. For gods sake, PG, give us a manual next time.

Anyway, in the spirit of doing something about it rather than just crying about it, I'm looking for reading material, and have come across a book online titled WaveLab 7 Power by Matthew Loel T. Hepworth. It's 400 pages long, so presumably quite comprehensive, but I can't get much more of an idea what it's like. Has anybody read it, or used it? Does it stand in OK for a manual - at least well enough to be worth dropping $40 on?

plutoC

Re: WL7 reading material

Post by plutoC » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:06 pm

dvdrtldg wrote:I'm looking for reading material, and have come across a book online titled WaveLab 7 Power by Matthew Loel T. Hepworth. It's 400 pages long, so presumably quite comprehensive, but I can't get much more of an idea what it's like. Has anybody read it, or used it? Does it stand in OK for a manual - at least well enough to be worth dropping $40 on?
Hmmm. I bought that book, and while it is better than nothing unfortunately I have to say not by much.

By the sounds of things Wavelab 8 is on the doorstep, so you might be better off putting your $40 towards an upgrade including the highly anticipated decent manual!

Bassman

Post by Bassman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:19 pm

The best thing would be, if WLab 8 is so easy to use like V6, that we don't need a manual ...
Quadcore 3Ghz / 12GB RAM
3 x 250GB HD + 1 x 1 TB HD
1 x UAD-1 / MaXiO XD
Win10 (64Bit) / Nuendo 7 (64Bit) / WLab 9
Bassists come most deeply !

dvdrtldg

Post by dvdrtldg » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:19 am

plutoC wrote: the highly anticipated decent manual
Great news.... and now I see it's been much discussed here already. I have to start haunting the forums more often! And very glad I didn't buy that book. Roll on WL8.

wodehouse

Post by wodehouse » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 am

I bought it for iPhone and it's not so good in my opinion. Sorry. WL8 should be easier to learn if there is a full manual.

Return to “WaveLab 7 | WaveLab Elements 7”