Error with CD-Text !

Friends I have a question with CD text. I have imported some tunes as a basic CD. Then I decided to create a montage to take advantage of the other features not found in Basic. When I enter the CD text of each song in the functions box, I hit ‘save’ and receive this statement … Error with CD-Text: the album and track title information is mandatory and may not be omitted. Where is the album and track info? What do I need to do???/
Thanks
Mike

You need to enter those yourself. It’s the first screen when hitting the ‘T’ icon.

Hi Arjan,
I hit the “T” in the functions window which allows me to enter the text for the tunes… I’m in montage… I still receive the Error with CD-Text: the album and track title information is mandatory and may not be omitted. I can’t find the place to put the album info… Can you be more specific in the location. Sorry for the long delay in posting…

Mike

When opening the CD-Text Editor, the first header you see is ‘Album’. This is where you must at least enter Title and Performer. Then by scrolling down you find the fields for each CD-track.

EDIT: The above is true for WL8. In WL7, the header says ‘CD-Text for the disk itself’. Scrolling here is horizontal, but otherwise it’s the same.

Thanks Arjan… I was not scrolling (to the left) and did not see the first page. I’ve got it now… Thanks for the quick reply and your expertise

Mike

I found that I got the same message. Text has to be entered for all the tracks in the montage and it works fine!

This is not true for me in Wavelab 8. The first header I see in the CD-Text Editor is " Track 1:"

So, for anybody who gets this as your first header, you have to grab the scroller on the right of the Editor and pull up. That will get you to “Album”. Then, you can enter individual track information as you scroll down with the scroller till the last track where you press enter and you’re set to go.

Hope this helps.