How Do I -Really- Close the Basic CD Files?

All topics on WaveLab 7 and WaveLab Elements 7
suntower

How Do I -Really- Close the Basic CD Files?

Post by suntower » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 am

This may be a total noob question but...

When I have the Basic CD Window open, then close it, the files in the window still seem to be 'open'.

IOW: If I then open one of the files for editing and try to save it, I will get a 'file cannot be saved' error.

So when I close the Basic CD Window it's not really 'closing' the Basic CD file. How do I -really- close it?

Also: in WL4, I could click on a file in the Basic CD window and edit the component track files. I don't seem to be able to do this directly in WL7. Is there a new method for this?

TIA,

---JC
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

PG

Re: How Do I -Really- Close the Basic CD Files?

Post by PG » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:07 am

How do I -really- close it?
Try to click on the "New" button in the Basic Audio Window, rather than closing the window.
Also: in WL4, I could click on a file in the Basic CD window and edit the component track files. I don't seem to be able to do this directly in WL7. Is there a new method for this?
Double-click in the Length field, in the Basic Audio CD tree.
Philippe

suntower

Re: How Do I -Really- Close the Basic CD Files?

Post by suntower » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:47 am

You da man.

FWIW... I know this is ancient history, but liked it better as it was in WL4... where you could keep the Basic CD open, but the actual audio files were not 'open'.

I see there is a List Open Files command on the menu. I think that either the audio files shouldn't be considered 'open'... OR they should display as 'open' in this command.

Thanks,

---JC

PG wrote:
How do I -really- close it?
Try to click on the "New" button in the Basic Audio Window, rather than closing the window.
Double-click in the Length field, in the Basic Audio CD tree.
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

Return to “WaveLab 7 | WaveLab Elements 7”