Installing a plugin (SoundSoap 2)

All topics on WaveLab 7 and WaveLab Elements 7
JonA

Installing a plugin (SoundSoap 2)

Post by JonA » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:00 am

According to the User Guide for BIAS SoundSoap 2, the program can be used as a plugin within a VST compatible program. I would like some guidance on how to do this within WL 7. Thanks.
(Windows 7)

Arjan P

Re: Installing a plugin (SoundSoap 2)

Post by Arjan P » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Is there a .dll file with the plugin? Then this should be placed in the appropriate directory, which I don't know by heart, but you can find within Wavelab where the plugins are. It's also possible that the installation of SoundSoap has already placed the .dll in a common VST directory, you can point Wavelab to that directory (but it should be one that is already known by WL).

One more thing; it is important that the plugin is of the right VST version. IIRC, WL7 already needs VST3 plugins.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 9.5.50 | Cubase 10.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

JonA

Re: Installing a plugin (SoundSoap 2)

Post by JonA » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:45 am

Many thanks. I've found my way to Options -> Plug-in organization, but no mention there of SoundSoap. Cannot find any directory on my hard drive, using the start menu search box. Any more detailed suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Return to “WaveLab 7 | WaveLab Elements 7”