Steinberg effects - multiple error messages

Hi,

I have not used my Wavelab 7 software for a number of years and now when I’m trying to use the built-in effects I am receiving error messages on all Steinberg effects: “A serious error has occurred inside the plug-in…”

I am using a Mac and recently upgraded to the latest version:
System Version: OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
Kernel Version: Darwin 14.0.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

I also tried installing the Wavelab update (WaveLab 7.2.1) but this only allows lower versions of Mac OS. Is there anything I could check before having to go through an upgrade?

Thanks, Karyn
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 12.47.31.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 12.36.04.png

Hello,

Wavelab 7 is not supported under OS X Yosemite, since its development ceased many years ago when Wavelab 8 was introduced. However, you can use the Yosemite Application Installer Tool and install the software at your own risk. More details can be found in the following page: http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=content_and_accessories_saitfy

Note: The forum is intended to offer help from users to users. We do try to have a look here and help, but this plattform does not replace the official channels for support inquiries.

Best regards,

Problem is in user rights.

To fix this, you need to go to Aplication folder and select (click ones) WaveLab 7(.app).
Do right click and select “Show Package Contents”, Fider open new window.
Now open path Contents/System/plugins/
In Plugins folder do right click on “Wavelab Plug-in Set.vst3” and select “Show Package Contents”.
Select Contents and press cmd+i, or do right click and select show information.
In information window, you will see a lock in the bottom right, to open it, type the admin password.
Look in to “Sharing & Permissions” section at the bottom of the window, set “everyone” to “read and write”.
Click the Action pop-up menu (Gear icon), then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”
Close all Finder and information windows and thats it.