Absolute 2 crossgrades now available

All topics on HALion 4, HALion 5 and Steinberg's VST workstations HALion Sonic 1 and HALion Sonic 2
Matthias Quellmann

Absolute 2 crossgrades now available

Post by Matthias Quellmann »

Hi all,

Due to the strong feedback we have received over the last couple of days, we have revised our initial decision about the upgrade paths of Absolute 2. Thanks again to all of you who contacted us. Your feedback, requests and ideas help us to improve our products and services.

This is the new plan:

We are going to offer additional crossgrades for existing customers of HALion 5, HALion Sonic 2 and Groove Agent 4 to Absolute 2. Unfortunately it won’t be possible to offer individual crossgrades for different product combinations.

The crossgrades are available here:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... ction.html

Additionally we have received reports about issues with the AU versions of our VST instruments on Mac OS X 10.10.5. We are currently working on a patch that will fix these issues.
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

strat1962

Re: Absolute 2 crossgrades

Post by strat1962 »

Excellent decision Matthias, thanks for listening to the users. :D
Studio DAW Windows 10 64bit Pro Asus Z-170 I7 6700K 32GB RAM SSD O/S Disk Graphics 2 X AMD Radeon HD5450 Graphics Cards

Mobile Thinkpad T540P i7 4800MQ 16GB Windows 10 64 bit SSD O/S Disk

Cubase Pro 10.5 64bit, Halion 6, WL7, HSO, GA4, TG3, Neo Soul, Dark Planet, Hypnotic Dance, UR824, UR22, CMC FD,AI,TP,CH,QC,PD

Niles

Post by Niles »

Don't know if I'm going to crossgrade, but the fact you guys changed the plans based on feedback, absolutely increased the chance 8-)

Nice one!

gwpt

Post by gwpt »

Thank you very Matthias and Steinberg. I really appreciate this move.
Fantastic customer service.
Thanks! :) :)

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Good move, thank you!
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.20 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt »

I got a couple of questions about the Electronic Libraries of Absolute 2:

1. Is the Graphic Step Modulator in Hypnotic Dance the same as the STEPMOD in HALion, or is it a new type of tool that can be used independently of HD in HALion?

2. Is the "Integrated MorphFilter" in Dark Planet a new type of filter that can be used independently of DP in HALion?

I also have a question (or two, I suppose) about the handling of Absolute continual upgrade costs:

Is the cross/upgrade from Absolute 1 or HALion (or Sonic) a one time deal, so to speak?

In other words, after I "own" licenses for all of the content in Absolute, are they then treated as individual items that needs to be upgraded (since the individual items in the bundle are not released at the same time, typically)?

Thanks very much,
E
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

lulu m

Post by lulu m »

Thanks I do appreciate this !!!
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60ghz / RAM: 8G / Windows 10 (64bit)
1 SSD Kingston 240 / 1 WD Caviar Black 1T / 1 WD Caviar Blue 1T / 1 WD ext usb 1.5T
DAW Cubase pro 10.5 / Motu Ultralite MKIII / ADAM F7 / Nektar Panorama P6/ Roli Seaboard Rise 25

Leonard_A

Post by Leonard_A »

That is what I am talking about. Steinberg caring about customers with creativity first in mind.

After buy Cubase Pro 8, Halion Sonic 2, Groove Agent 4, Padshop Pro I am looking forward to get The Absolute VST Instrument Collection 2.

Thank you Steinberg.
Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10 Suite | WaveLab Elements 10 | Cubasis | HALion 6 | Groove Agent 5| NI Massive | Xfer Serum | Lennar Sylenth1 | CC121 | PUSH 2 | UR28M | HS7 monitors | DT770 | DT1990

Arceles

Post by Arceles »

Does it include a cross grade from EDU products? I have HALion 5, HALion Sonic 2 and Groove Agent 4 in Edu versions and would be lovely to have more VSTs.

No1DaBeats

Post by No1DaBeats »

I wish I hadn't bought it all before. Everything I am missing now
is Zero Gravity :-/
Surface Book 2 (i7 16GB), Steinberg UR28M, Yamaha KX 49, Steinberg CMC CH, PD, TP & QC, Cubase Pro 9, WaveLab 8.0.2, Halion 6, Groove Agent 4

------

Life is too short for realtime-bouncing..

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp »

The upgrades are up.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

So ..... does a crossgrade from H5 mean I would have two H5 licenses? (my original one, plus an additional one as part for Absolute 2?)
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.20 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Matthias Quellmann

MrSoundman wrote:So ..... does a crossgrade from H5 mean I would have two H5 licenses? (my original one, plus an additional one as part for Absolute 2?)
The cross grade will transform your HALion 5 license to an Absolute 2 license. You won't have two separate licenses.
Hamburg, Germany

Matthias Quellmann

Arceles wrote:Does it include a cross grade from EDU products? I have HALion 5, HALion Sonic 2 and Groove Agent 4 in Edu versions and would be lovely to have more VSTs.
Educational products are eligible for the cross grades.
Hamburg, Germany

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp »

Matthias Quellmann wrote: The cross grade will transform your HALion 5 license to an Absolute 2 license. You won't have two separate licenses.
Will your older products still work with the Absolute 2 license? I have Groove Agent 4 but I still use GA3 for some stuff. I wont be able to get the crossgrade if GA3 doesn't work.

Matthias Quellmann

Will your older products still work with the Absolute 2 license? I have Groove Agent 4 but I still use GA3 for some stuff. I wont be able to get the crossgrade if GA3 doesn't work.
The GA3 license as part of the GA4 license is also included in Absolute 2.
Hamburg, Germany

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Absolute 2 crossgrades now available

Post by Romantique Tp »

Thanks for the answer, that's great to hear. I'll be getting this soon.

Leonard_A

Post by Leonard_A »

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Arceles wrote:Does it include a cross grade from EDU products? I have HALion 5, HALion Sonic 2 and Groove Agent 4 in Edu versions and would be lovely to have more VSTs.
Where I can find prices for EDU cross grade from selected software? I do have Halion Sonic 2, Groove Agent 4...
I am student from today and I am interesting to buy Absolute Collection 2.

I cannot find prices at Steinberg website.

Thank you
Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10 Suite | WaveLab Elements 10 | Cubasis | HALion 6 | Groove Agent 5| NI Massive | Xfer Serum | Lennar Sylenth1 | CC121 | PUSH 2 | UR28M | HS7 monitors | DT770 | DT1990

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

MrSoundman wrote:So ..... does a crossgrade from H5 mean I would have two H5 licenses? (my original one, plus an additional one as part for Absolute 2?)
The cross grade will transform your HALion 5 license to an Absolute 2 license. You won't have two separate licenses.
On my USB eLicenser I currently have H5, HSO (from the Cubase offer), Padshop Pro Extension and Zero Gravity. Will all of these be transformed one Absolute 2 license if I crossgrade?

Matthias Quellmann

Leonard_A wrote:
Where I can find prices for EDU cross grade from selected software? I do have Halion Sonic 2, Groove Agent 4...
I am student from today and I am interesting to buy Absolute Collection 2.

I cannot find prices at Steinberg website.

Thank you
There is no educational crossgrade. You can crossgrade from an educational version though.
Hamburg, Germany

Matthias Quellmann

On my USB eLicenser I currently have H5, HSO (from the Cubase offer), Padshop Pro Extension and Zero Gravity. Will all of these be transformed one Absolute 2 license if I crossgrade?
Only the underlying license of HALion 5 will be transformed. HSO, Padshop Pro and ZG will remain independent licenses.
Hamburg, Germany

Produced By AURA

Post by Produced By AURA »

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THIS!!! This right here DEFINITELY shows me the dedication to the customers who have been loyal and were clamoring for the ability to crossgrade over from something such as HALion 5. It's MUCH appreciated!!!

***Also.. When a new version of each instrument included within the Absolute Collection becomes available, will we still be able to upgrade/update to the new version without affecting Absolute Collection licenses?***
Main Rig
i5 4570|12GB Ram|Windows 8.1|Cubase 8.0.30 Pro|HALion 5.1.1|HALion Sonic 2|Padshop Pro|Nektar Panorama P4|ATH M50x's|*UPDATE*09/2015: Absolute VST Collection 2
Secondary Rig
15.6" Macbook Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Mid 2009)|8GB Ram|OS X Mavericks 10.9.5|Cubase 8.0.20 Pro|HALion 5.1.1|HALion Sonic 2|Padshop Pro|Nektar Panorama P4|ATH M50x's|*UPDATE*09/2015: Absolute VST Collection 2

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt »

Any answers to my questions earlier in this thread?
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Yes please, particularly this one:
Elektrobolt wrote:Is the cross/upgrade from Absolute 1 or HALion (or Sonic) a one time deal, so to speak?

In other words, after I "own" licenses for all of the content in Absolute, are they then treated as individual items that needs to be upgraded (since the individual items in the bundle are not released at the same time, typically)

Matthias Quellmann

Elektrobolt wrote:I got a couple of questions about the Electronic Libraries of Absolute 2:

1. Is the Graphic Step Modulator in Hypnotic Dance the same as the STEPMOD in HALion, or is it a new type of tool that can be used independently of HD in HALion?

2. Is the "Integrated MorphFilter" in Dark Planet a new type of filter that can be used independently of DP in HALion?
The macro pages of Hypnotic Dance and Dark Planet are just front ends of the underlying HALion features.
Elektrobolt wrote: I also have a question (or two, I suppose) about the handling of Absolute continual upgrade costs:

Is the cross/upgrade from Absolute 1 or HALion (or Sonic) a one time deal, so to speak?

In other words, after I "own" licenses for all of the content in Absolute, are they then treated as individual items that needs to be upgraded (since the individual items in the bundle are not released at the same time, typically)?

Thanks very much,
E
Currently you will just have an Absolute 2 license that includes all the individual licenses. But this doesn't mean that this is a dead end street. With the release of new versions of i.e. HALion, HALion Sonic or Groove Agent there will be ways to upgrade from Absolute.
Hamburg, Germany

Return to “Halion 5 | Halion 4 | Halion Sonic | Halion Sonic 2”