Anyone hear a hiss with pedaling?

All topics on The Grand 3
Kourosh

Anyone hear a hiss with pedaling?

Post by Kourosh » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 pm

New Grand 3 user here. I'm very much enjoying the sound of the Grand 3, but I hear a hiss building up in the background when I hold the pedal down across many notes. Does anyone have this issue? Could this be an issue of how I've set up my preferences?

sevendance

Re: Anyone hear a hiss with pedaling?

Post by sevendance » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 am

its to much work for your cpu, if u hear that hiss, release the pedal for a sec. or get another cpu with lets say 6 cores
:idea:

podeig

Post by podeig » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:48 pm

I think it is normal to have a hiss sound. Anyway I have it. You can adjust how many dB of this sound you want to hear or turn it off completely.

Philip888

Post by Philip888 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Absolutely,

hiss gives a more natural sound and feel. Although, as podeig noted, you can turn it off entirely.

Adrian333

Post by Adrian333 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:49 pm

When using my Roland piano through a UR22 midi into Cubase 8 with The Grand 3 selected, I get a swishing noise every time i press the sustain pedal - sound like the strings being released on a traditional piano. This noise actually records and is represented by a vertical line on the track. I have asked Steinberg and Roland to comment but no joy yet.
Just found a setting in The Grand 3 which allows me to turn the damper pedal off and this seems to have solved the problem. Obviously there for a more 'authentic sound' but sounds like electrical interference.

jmferrer

Post by jmferrer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:07 pm

I have the same problem as you guys. That hiss affect me a lot, it´s very annoying. I have a MacPro with 8 Gb in RAM but the hiss remains the same

Return to “The Grand 3”