The Grand 3 VS The Grand 3 Se

What s the difference between The Grand 3 and The Grand 3 Se ?

The Grand 3 SE is not the full version. Don’t buy it if you intend to get the full version later, because the SE can’t be upgraded :frowning:
I didn’t know and when upgrading to Cubase 6, I also bought the SE to give it a try. And - of course - it was great. Now I want the full version.
I contacted Steinberg and asked how to do it, but it can’t be done. Now I have to buy the full version i addition. Nice :slight_smile:

Åge Fossum

Just to add, if it helps,… I completely recommend The Grand 3 full version. You’ll never look back. Quality bit of kit every step of the way. Sounds just beautiful. Its more than worth the money I guess I’m trying to say…

You are right, of course :wink:

Best regards
Åge Fossum

This smells like a scam, but I am willing to think it is a stupid corporate oversight. You buy from the company in good faith. No where does the site explain SE. So I thought I was buy the full version that is the only thing the entire website details. That it is a Lite version or you cannot upgrade once you’ve invested in their product is nothing short of disrespect for the customer. I hope someone reads this and changes the policy. Otherwise I am headed to one of the many other fine providers of VSTs.

I bought the Grand SE, knowing it was a reduced version of the Grand. I agree, it sounds superb, and I don’t think I could get three similar sounding pianos for £83 UK pounds anywhere else.

I agree, I hope that in due course Steinberg will think about an upgrade path from SE to the full version, for those who want all the pianos on offer.

Steve.

That is annoying. I just purchased the $100 full license for SE and didnt realize there was a difference. :unamused: :cry:

Guys, just updating the chat here some 5 years later, but it’s now available!

You can upgrade The Grand 3 SE to Full for the exact difference of what you paid in the SE license: 50 EUR.

Cheers :smiley: