Checksum Error when extracting from rar files

All topics on The Grand 3
jabezjazz

Checksum Error when extracting from rar files

Post by jabezjazz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:44 am

Hey Gang,

I have successfully downloaded the seven (the_grand_3.1.1_full) files for installation on a Win 7 notebook. During installation, I received the 'checksum error' message when attempting to extract from part2.rar file onwards.

Needless to say the installation failed.

I have attempted to download the seven files again from another computer/network but had the same problem. Are the files corrupted?

Pls advice. Thanks.

jabezjazz

Re: Checksum Error when extracting from rar files

Post by jabezjazz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:43 am

Had it figured out....

Just kept re-downloading the files until I had a 'clean' copy.

That was like after 3-4 attempts over 3 days!!

henri2398

Post by henri2398 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 am

You can try Tools-> Repair as it work better if you have parity/recovery section (when generating the RAR file). However, it is very difficult to recover the corrupted file because checkdum are used to notify when something is corrupted and it does not really help to recover data.

Have a look at this – How to Fix Checksum Error in RAR File

Hope this might help you.

ALSTUDIOS

Post by ALSTUDIOS » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:00 am

jabezjazz wrote:Had it figured out....

Just kept re-downloading the files until I had a 'clean' copy.

That was like after 3-4 attempts over 3 days!!
Hi

Did the download over the weekend - same issue as yours.
Just in between (I think file 5.rar..?) the extraction of the files the message appears.

Will download the *.RAR files ones more with a faster download line - hope this will help.

Thanks for your report, that there is hope, if the download is made several times ;-)

Update 19.02.2016
OK. After re-downloading three of the seven files several times - finally I could install and operate the VST instrument - sounds really good - after long loading times. So far so good :)

Cheers
******************************************************************************************
ALSTUDIOS REGENSDORF SWITZERLAND
******************************************************************************************
Win7 PRO 64bit, Cubase PRO 10.0.20 64bit,
audio-solution PC i7 960 4x3.2GHz, 24GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 720, 2GB DDR3, Dual Monitor
RME fireface 800 firewire
AVID Artist Control + Euphonix MC Mix, EuControl v 2019.5.1

shagazulu

Post by shagazulu » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:31 pm

FWIW - I got checksum errors a couple times (annoying)... so I simply took the missing .vstsound files from the MAC download... located, after install, in ~Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/The Grand 3/VST Sound.

I can't remember if the files are visible prior to install (once you mount the .dmg), but my guess is they are...

This, of course, requires that you have a MAC.
Cubase 8 Pro & Cubase AI 7 (on 2nd PC running VST System Link for 16-track recording) | Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad & Cord 2 Duo | 8MB & 6MB RAM | Tascam FW1884 & M-Audio Delta 1010 | UAD-1 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Kawai MP9000 | CMC-AI | Frontier Tranzport | FX Teleport | Various & sundry outboard gear that's rather spacial

Return to “The Grand 3”