Groove Agent Bugs

Just this week, all of a sudden. Groove Agent 4 not acting right. Slow when trying to toggle between mixer, edit, load. Its behind. It hard to input selections because it will switch menus on you. I reinstalled and updated. Its still there. I wonder if Windows did some kind of update. I tried it in stand alone mode and within Cubase. Not right. Anyone else experiencing this?

After further review. I figured out if you choose one of the menus. Load, Edit, Mixer, perform and click in the window afterward, it chooses what you picked. Didn’t used to do that. So I have some kind of bug. Like I said, I did a complete reinstall, and its still there. Let me know if you are experiencing this. Not fun!

Hi, I’m experiencing the same thing so you’re not alone. I haven’t found a fix yet other than what you mentioned. I’m running Cubase Elements 9 with Windows 10. I hope Steinberg has a fix for this because it’s really annoying.

Well it has to be official. I deleted every instance of Groove Agent 4 from my system besides the expansion packs. Downloaded GA4 from website and its updates and its still acting the same. When you toggle on a menu, it goes to another menu, until you click in the action window. Then it will switch to what you selected. Example, click on load, it goes to edit, but if you mouse just below the menu section in the window where the load selections should be, they will appear. I hope the moderators are watching my post and address this in the next update! Thanks!

Well it has to be official. I deleted every instance of Groove Agent 4 from my system besides the expansion packs. Downloaded GA4 from website and its updates and its still acting the same. When you toggle on a menu, it goes to another menu, until you click in the action window. Then it will switch to what you selected. Example, click on load, it goes to edit, but if you mouse just below the menu section in the window where the load selections should be, they will appear. I hope the moderators are watching my post and address this in the next update! Thanks!

That sounds like an issue with your computer. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed.

Hi,

Please try to fix it by shutting down the computer and restart it. But it is important not to do a restart, but to turn it off and turn it on again. This is releated to the Windows clock which is not resetted.

I hope that will help!

Cheers,

Jan

Thanks. I guess we will see what happens!

I will check it out again. But I’ve shut down completely and came back the next day. Still the same.

Don’t know much about that. I will check it out. Thanks!

Hi Jan,
Thanks for the assistance. I completely shut down my computer every day and I’m still experiencing the error every time I open up Groove Agent.

Hi,

Please check if you have activated the option “Turn on fast startup”. You will find it under:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings

If that option is active not everthing is resetted by turning of the computer.

Cheers,

Jan

Thanks so much Jan! It worked. I went online and read more about that too. Learn something new everyday with these computers. Thanks again, I hope this helps other users! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jan, THANK YOU!!! This resolved the issue for me. I never would have known to adjust this setting in the computer. You are the best!

If your ‘turn on fast startup’ menu is missing: interesting read: How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup Missing in Windows 10 | Password Recovery. F