Groove Agent 5 available

All topics on Groove Agent
Florian Haack

Groove Agent 5 available

Post by Florian Haack » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Dear all, it's a major, major update to Groove Agent and it's available as of today! Groove Agent 5 brings a lot of rhythmic goodness to the table, with many new acoustic and electronic percussive sounds and grooves, a resizable interface and lots more for you to discover.

Key features:

• New high-end acoustic kit recorded at Teldex Studios Berlin
• New kits for EDM, Trap and Future Bass
• 20 new MIDI Styles with intro, outro and fills
• Decompose samples in noise and tonal
• External live sampling directly in Groove Agent
• Style Player for Beat Agent kits
• Pre-listening Styles and Pads
• New definable auto complexity mode
• Resizable user interface
• AAX support

New in Groove Agent 5

Read more about Groove Agent 5
Florian Haack - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Ble97112

Re: Groove Agent 5 available

Post by Ble97112 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi,

Before to buy, I want a demo version...
When it's available ?

bigsoundsgood

Post by bigsoundsgood » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Just bought it and also downloading through this DLM. But its downloading all files separately. And one download opens in my browser as a kind of script. Why please all so complicated Steinberg?? I just payed nearly 100€ which most until now found way to expensive and than you are not delivering the product in a way which makes no headaches :-/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

# This script allows chaining the installation of a dmg installer source with registration of content from the same directory

# ****Configure the product here: ****
# The filename of the file to be opened after mounting the image
INSTALLERFILE="Groove Agent 5.pkg"
# The downloaded dmg imagefile to be mounted
IMAGEFILENAME="GrooveAgent_Application_5.0.10_Installer_mac.dmg"
# The name of the mounted volume
VOLUMENAME="Groove Agent 5"

#change workingdir to script file location.
BASEDIR=$(dirname "$0")
echo "Setting workingdir to: $BASEDIR"
cd "$BASEDIR"

#make sure to unmount volume in case it is mounted
if [ -d "/Volumes/$VOLUMENAME" ]; then
diskutil unmount "/Volumes/$VOLUMENAME"
fi

# open -W "./$IMAGEFILENAME"
hdiutil attach "./$IMAGEFILENAME"

if [ -d "/Volumes/$VOLUMENAME" ]; then
open -W "/Volumes/$VOLUMENAME/$INSTALLERFILE"
fi

echo "Checking if Steinberg Library Manager is installed:"
SLM="/Applications/Steinberg Library Manager.app"
if [ -d "$SLM" ]; then
echo "Found Steinberg Library Manager"
DEFAULT_SRC="$BASEDIR"
echo "Default source is:" "$DEFAULT_SRC"
if [[ -d "$DEFAULT_SRC" ]]; then
echo "Starting $DEFAULT_SRC"
open -Wa "$SLM" --args \
"$DEFAULT_SRC" \
-installer \
-supportold \
-autoclose
fi
else
echo "ERROR: Steinberg Library Manager not found because it is most likely not installed"
exit 1
fi
echo "**************************************************************"
echo "** Done! You can exit terminal now or pres cmd + q to quit. **"
echo "**************************************************************"
exit 0
Cubase Pro 10.5.5.1, macOS 10.14.6
UR28M, iConnectMIDI4+, etc.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
3,5 GHz Intel Core i5
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Cubase Junior Member since Atari

bigsoundsgood

Post by bigsoundsgood » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Ok, I just dropped now all .vstsound files downloaded to the default folder. But this is an unprofessional delivering of software through Steinberg. BTW the link in the online manual "https://www.steinberg.net/how-to-install-groove-agent-5" just leads to the main page. Come on Steinberg please sort those things so a proper install is possible and not relying on the knowledge on how to sort things by hand.
3,5 GHz Intel Core i5
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

bduffy

Post by bduffy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Did they speed up patch loading by any chance? One reason I do not use GA more is the long load-times.
bduffy
Cubase 8 Pro| Mac OS X 10.9 | Early 2008 Mac Pro (Dual 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon)
Steinberg MR816 CSX | Wavelab 7/8/8.5
UAD 2 Duo | Waves Mercury | Kontakt | Zebra2 | Omnisphere | SD2 | A Bunch of Other Crap

bigsoundsgood

Post by bigsoundsgood » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:53 pm

No idea because I never noticed this
3,5 GHz Intel Core i5
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

gmontano

Post by gmontano » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:13 pm

The loading of the vst sound files to anywhere other than default boot drive (on windows) has always been funky for me. Icons don't show up unless I create symbolic links in default location.

Glad to see the update. Price seems a little high considering what the full Cubase update typically costs.

Good time to put the expansions on sale :)
6950x, 64 GB RAM, ASrock x99 mobo, 1050 Ti video card, Windows 10, RME UFX, Cubase 10 Pro.

folkfreak

Post by folkfreak » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 pm

It would be nice if someone with a Roland V-drumkit can test if GA5 is at least usable with it now, GA4 was a complete joke in that regard. I don't dare to think about a playability like SD2 or even EZDrummer has out of the box when played through v-drums...

folkfreak

Post by folkfreak » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Sorry, but at the beginning of the Last Pilgrim Demo I can already hear the machine-gun effect on the snare...

dancetiger

Post by dancetiger » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Well the installer is a bit of a mess. Did they forget to include a content installer in the .exe file? This is not the usual Steinberg standard. Anyways, I managed to install it and it seems to work fine. Had to up the pre load to be able to load "The Kit" kits. Lots of great new stuff.
Cubase Pro 10, Halion 6, Dark Planet, Triebwerk, Hypnotic Dance, RAST-A, HSO, The Grand, Groove Agent 5, Wavelab 9.5, Cubase Elements 10 on "office computer".
Steinberg UR 824, CMC PD, Midex 8
UAD Quad and Solo
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Intel i7 4790k, Intel Onboard graphics, Asus Pro Gamer Z97, 16gb ram
Cubase user since Cubase VST 24 3.6

emasters

Post by emasters » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Steinberg's content process has and continues to be challenging. I end up creating alias to make it work with an external drive, and cross my fingers that it will actually work.
Ed

mozizo

Post by mozizo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:24 pm

I also think the update price is not proportional,.
One of the things I wished for GA5, is to have menue to choose acoustic drum elements from all included and purchased kits,as in any other drum vsti( to choose different snares,kicks hiht,etc.)
Is it possible now?
cubase Pro 9.5 64bit ,halion 6 GA4 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 redstone 64bit 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

bonghat

Post by bonghat » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:15 am

This should have been named Groove Agent 4.5 ....and the upgrade price....yeeeeeek :(

emasters

Post by emasters » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:50 am

I have to say, this is the most frustrating product install I've done in a long time. I ran the installer, which installs the plugins and some of the sound content (but not all of it). I still have 31GB of sound content that somehow needs to be located somewhere and somehow registered. The Library Manager ran briefly at the end of the install. What it did, I have no idea? There's no manual, no install guide, nothing! So here I sit, having spent $99 on an upgrade that I partially have installed, but have no clue what to do to actually get it to work. Really a disappointing experience.
Ed

popskull

Post by popskull » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:05 am

"Please note: Absolute Collection customers can not update to Groove Agent 5. Please wait for the update to Absolute Collection 4 instead."

How long does Absolute usually take to be upgraded? I recently bought Absolute 3. Coming from native instruments they usually add the individual product updates straight away into Komplete, or hold off until Komplete is upgraded. Odd that Absolute users are disadvantaged?

kaiyp123

Post by kaiyp123 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:37 am

The key of GA5 is new Acoustic Kit named "The Kit"but unfortunately.. it's not an new recording sound from Steinberg.. they bought Mixosaurus in the past, then put it in with new name :D. Good job Steinberg, so disappointed... I wish Wizoo team still there... all the ""Icon"VST (The Grand, GA1,2, Hypersonic....) will be the legend.

emasters

Post by emasters » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:19 am

Found the manual on-line, got through the install and it's up and running now. Just a very time consuming and disjointed process. Off to give the GA5 a try now....
Ed

avviano

Groove Agent 5 not available for Absolute 3 users until Jan 2019

Post by avviano » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:59 pm

@Popskull, if you're an Absolute 3 license holder and would like to upgrade to Groove Agent 5, I'm afraid I have bad news for you: On their website, Steinberg has announced the release of Absolute 4 for January 2019. That would be 2-3 months from now. I find it a bit awkward, that users who pay more for a product actually have to wait longer for an upgrade. But I'm sure Steinberg has a good reason for doing so.

Given the fact that GA5 doesn't really tickle me - given what I have seen so far - I can also live with it. I will eventually upgrade, so I can continue to utilize my existent investment (e.g. all the kits I bought so far).

I decided some time ago, that if Steinberg did not seriously change their UI policy and adapt it to what we are used to in other apps, that I would seriously consider buying into SD3. I guess that's what I will do. Considering that the time frame between GA4 and GA5 was four years, I'm not inclined to wait 4 years until we (maybe) get a post 90ies user interface. I don't want to be cynical, but seriously, the current GA5 license should be shipped with magnifying glasses, because that's exactly what you will need to be able to read all its minute buttons, especially on higher resolutions (which I guess is the norm today).

Here is the link to the Steinberg page (for the Absolute 4 release announcement): https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/v ... start.html. I have also included a screenshot.
Attachments
Absolute 4 release.jpg
(124.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Absolute Collection 3 (Halion 6). UR-824, Yamaha HS7 W, Yamaha Subwoofer, Lorenz Acoustic F1-80 (1979!), Win 10

Songs: https://soundcloud.com/avviano/toptracks

PinkSodaMusic

Post by PinkSodaMusic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 pm

It would make perfect sense to give customers who buy-activate the Absolute 3 collection - AN EXTENDED TRIAL OF the GROOVE AGENT 5 (UNTIL the ABS4 release) that they will get anyway with the FREE ABSOLUTE 4 UPDATE ..It WOULD REALLY be fair.

PLEASE MAKE US HAPPY CUSTOMERS OF YOURS - THANK YOU IN ADVANCE - IF THERE IS A CHANCE to do the long trial of GA5..

COULD you PLEASE confirm the dates the Absolute 3 users are eligible for FREE update to ABSOLUTE 4.

Many thanks !!!
PC.i7 6850K 4Ghz, 32GB, Palit GeForce GTX 1050,2x1TB SSD UR22MK2 KRK R5 Panorama P6 Cubase 9.5 ABS3 Wavelab ele KOMPLETE 11 ETC.

WTS

Post by WTS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Before i buy GA5 , I want to try a demo version...

Why is there no try before you buy GA5 ?

When will Steinberg issue/offer a 30 day trial of GA5 ?

Return to “Groove Agent”