GA 5 > NO MIDI OUT with AAX ! Overall very disappointed

All topics on Groove Agent
foley-man

GA 5 > NO MIDI OUT with AAX ! Overall very disappointed

Post by foley-man » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:30 am

...new to GA 5 , but not to steinberg , so having just the GA 4 Help file instead of a GA 5 Help file in GA 5 is no big surprise
(btw no MIDI OUT chapter there) ,
but i struggelt when trying to get MIDI out from GA 5 when using as AAX Version in PT Ultimate 2018.10.....
MIDI out Button is greyed out and i cannot find any setup / preference to activate it ...
the little cross under the midi out symbol is in the plugin version greyed out .

other problems too ( library is a nightmare..finding files too , loading time , usage of RAM (when was that code written? nineties?)
but to get MIDI OUT working is most important for me now.

i tried GA 5 on WIN 10 and Mac Sierra , as AAX PlugIn in PT

any help appreciated

UPDATE
i tried just GA 5 as VST version in NUENDO7 ....and MIDI OUT works
So it seems a Problem in the AAX Version

IF IT IS A BUG ... how can such a basic important feature , not working , pass QC , if such thing exists at SB..

any PT user out there?

foley-man

Re: GA 5 > NO MIDI OUT with AAX ! Overall very disappointed

Post by foley-man » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:20 am

Regarding the AAX version:

...after creating a support case at SB ( no response so far , as expected )
regarding GA5 Midi Out not working in the AAX Version (Pro Tools) ,
no response here from the (obviosly very small) userbase
( seems i am the onliest who uses GA5 in Pro Tools ) ,
and no SB Employe/Moderator/Programmer is answering ANY question or saying ANY word here.
(What a difference to the AVID/ProTools Forum where you get competent help very fast ,
from Users , Moderators even Programmers ).
seems no one feels responsible for this Product , at least SB
obvisouly no Beta testing ( at least for a lot of Basic functions )
and no technical support , or you have to pay a lot , just to hear "yes it doesnt work"...really *quiz* off
and i am asking for what i paid 179 !!!! Euro??
( BTW minutes after i bought it at Steinbergs own OnlineStore for this price ,
i found it way cheaper at other WebStores, clever made SB , never again buying at SB online , > *quiz* off again )

Regarding the Interface
former Nuendo/Steinberg user i knew GA from version 1 or 2 in the past , and found it a very intuitive simple
and flexible drummer companion , with one click working , nice for jamming/sessions....
unlike other vi drummer (maybe logic is nearby with its drummer tracks) at this time.
Now the interface is terrible , no intuitive working anymore (at least with the mouse) ,
far away from click and go and i still dont understand the concept behind , if there is one. > *quiz* off again

The Library OMG !!
32 Gig for what????
Sorry to say , but for me a fully bloated nothing , missing a lot of standards and basics
(no brushes , no jazz styles etc) , poor recordings IMHO.
other companies realize this quality with 1GB or even less .
Please compare what others offer (NI and its Kontakt Drummer for example , far ahead)
MIDI: Nice Styles and variations , but also a lot of standards missing (JAZZ!!)
... if you find it with the crappy Library managment ,
but you need a working MIDI OUT when you want to use proper Sounds. > you know what comes...

regards

foley-man

Post by foley-man » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:28 pm

..unhappy end , as much as i appreciate the fast response from SB

after a response from mr. doll himself (thx btw) regarding my case about no midi out in the aax version of ga5 ,
i am frustrated..
the answer was saying , " the (product)-department has to inform the customers that the aax-wrapper (?!) from ga5
is not capable of midi out "......sic

that means that a (third-party) vst-aax-wrapper is involved?
poor product in my opinion.MIDI out is a basic function.

omg why not informing the development department that this fundamental function is not working?
Why not finding a solution for a function which is working as vst and much demanded from the userbase?

in my case just THIS function was the reason to buy ga5.

Leonard_A

Post by Leonard_A » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Ooohohhhhhh God

...and me creating lot of expectations of using GA5 with Pro Tools. I probably better wait some issues to be sorted before update it.

I do really want to use GA5 with PRO Tools tho.
Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10 Suite | Pro Tools 2018| WaveLab Elements 9 | Cubasis | HALion 6 | Groove Agent 5| NI Massive | Xfer Serum | Vacuum Pro | Lennar Sylenth1 | UVI Falcon | CC121 | PUSH 2 | UR28M | HS7 monitors | DT770 | DT1990

Return to “Groove Agent”