Groove Agent + REX = Wonderful

All topics on Groove Agent
Tom H

Groove Agent + REX = Wonderful

Post by Tom H » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 am

So...
I was watching a tutorial video where the presenter dragged a REX2 file into ESX24 (the Logic sampler). It looked insanely simple, but I'm using Cubase, it doesn't have ESX24.
My initial inclination was to try to duplicate the workflow with the samplers I have available.
I made a test project and dragged a REX file into Kontakt, that worked OK for the samples, but dragging the MIDI into the project screwed up the groove. I tried using Halion, after an hour trying to read the manual, I gave up, I'm sure it's possible there, but it's complicated.
That left me with two choices, StylusRMX or Groove Agent.
I know Stylus handles REX files, but I wanted to see if Groove Agent would work, I've been buying it for years, but I haven't really used it in my tracks.
It turns out that Groove Agent may be the fastest and easiest way to use REX files, bar none.
1. Drag the REX file to the first pad.
2. Switch to pattern and drag the first pad to the instrument track.
3. Tweak away.

I think Groove Agent is going to be my goto tool for REX files for the forseeable future.
Intel i7 6900, 64GB, MSI X99 Carbon Pro Gaming, Win 10 Pro 64, Antelope Orion 32 HD
USB: Virus TI2, Komplete Kontrol S88, Maschine Studio, OB-6, SUB 37, eLicenser, iLok
PCIe: UAD Octo
MIDI: Fantom X, Eventide Eclipse, other stuff.
Cubase Pro 10, Live 10 Suite.
Komplete 12 Ultimate+, iZotope, Powered Plugins, FabFilter, SoundToys, Waves Mercury+, Spectrasonics, Sylenth, Serum, D16, GForce, SynthMaster, Nexus, Valhalla, etc.

Jan Riesener

Re: Groove Agent + REX = Wonderful

Post by Jan Riesener » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:37 am

Hi Tom,

good choise!

Cheers,

Jan
Jan Riesener, Steinberg Senior Tech Support
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

Return to “Groove Agent”