Disappointed

Discussions about VST Instruments and VST plug-ins from other manufacturers
Cime

Disappointed

Post by Cime » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:08 am

:|
I've been using Cubase since version 7.5 and have built-up a library of sounds, VSTs and internal apps (such as Groove Agent and HALion) over the years. All of which have cost me a pretty penny. I have found it very annoying that many of the VSTs and sounds that were pushed as "new" on the DVD collection when I first purchased version 7.5 install box were not. Now when I check to see if there have been ANY updates, I see that the software was made available in 2011 (several years before my purchase) and has not been updated since. Even more annoying is the fact that I received ads in my email to purchase supposed "new" software that will make my post production process easier... I bought that too. Well, that, too turned out to be a lie - it wasn't new (created ion 2011 - 5 years before the email) and there hasn't been a single update to that either. I could go on, but I am VERY disappointed and annoyed at the fact that I have spent well over $1500 in these sound/VSTs/APPs thinking that I would have at least a few years of support before having to spend again.
Does Steinburg assume that their stuff doesn't stink and they create a perfect product that requires no further attention (unless someone complains about a problem), that they no longer provide any kind of maintenance updates (i.e. what would their customers like to see fixed/added/modified).
I am a life-long Cubase user and supporter and will always use compatible products, no matter what - but not everyone else is like me, and they're going to start losing customers if they don't start taking care of their customer's products.

Return to “VST Instruments and Virtual Effects (general)”