Cubase LE9 AI Flanger Effect Help Needed

Discussions about VST Instruments and VST plug-ins from other manufacturers
VonLucifuge

Cubase LE9 AI Flanger Effect Help Needed

Post by VonLucifuge » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm working on a project and need advice on working with the flanger post recording.
I have the guitar track down and would like to achieve a flange effect (using the effects inserts in the track inspector) similar to that of the flange used in U2's song Numb.
I've messed with the settings and also tried the various presets that are included but I can't even achieve close to what I'm looking for.
Any advice on settings and such would be greatly appreciated.
I used to have an Electric Mistress and damn, I miss that old hunk of junk lol.

Thanks!
Von

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Cubase LE9 AI Flanger Effect Help Needed

Post by Prock » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:40 pm

I can't comment on how to get that exact sound as I don't know how to get it but...

My 1st advice is to make sure your guitar audio is located on a stereo audio track. Not on a mono audio track. Some stereo effects don't work (sound) quite right when inserted on a mono audio track. If on a mono track just create a stereo track and drag the audio to it. The file is still mono but, the stereo effect will work better.

For the reason above... I never record any audio on a mono audio track.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.5, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “VST Instruments and Virtual Effects (general)”