Installing Komplete with Cubase

Discussions about VST Instruments and VST plug-ins from other manufacturers
zootsuiter

Installing Komplete with Cubase

Post by zootsuiter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:50 am

I'm in the process of switching from Sonar Platinum to Cubase. I've been using Native Instruments Komplete set of synths and instruments. Because this program is HUGE I had created a dedicated drive for it and all the VST plugins worked fine with my old setup. Cubase seems to want them all to be on C:. That won't work for me since my C is a 256GB SSD and Komplete would swamp that. Is there a way to redirect Cubase to look for VSTs elsewhere? I haven't been able to find it. Apologies if that's a dumb newbie question. And if there isn't a way, any suggestions on managing the Komplete install -- are there creative ways to split it up?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Installing Komplete with Cubase

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:14 am

Just go to Studio -> VST Plug-in Manager, then click the gear icon to the bottom left of the window. This will allow you to add new VST plugin scan paths.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

zootsuiter

Post by zootsuiter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Yes! Thanks, all set now.

husker

Post by husker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:23 am

I moved from SPLAT to Cubase as well. It's different, but I'm liking Cubase quite a bit. There is so much great information on Cubase out there.
Cubase Pro 9.5

Homebuilt PC - Gigabyte GA-170 HD3, Intel Core i7 6700k OC 4.5 GHz, Corsair Hydro H50 Cooling, 16 MB GSkills Ripjaw DDR4-2133, SanDisk Ultra II 960 Gb, NZXT-S340 Case, ASUS VE-278Q

Interfaces - Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen / MOTU Midi Express XT USB

Hardware - Roland FA08 / Moog Slim Phatty / Nord A1R / Maschine Mikro / Integra 7

Return to “VST Instruments and Virtual Effects (general)”