Cubase Aesthetic/GUI

In a way you’re right but as someone “re-discovering” present day Cubase - after being in Ableton-land for almost a decade - and loving it there - I have to respond here.

Yes Ableton’s look and feel hasn’t changed for ages - but there’s a Zen-like minimalist simplicity to Ableton and its pared down menu set ( and DAW- feature set ) that really makes creativity keep going and not constantly killed by having to enter engineer or tekkie mode.

And if it comes to present day Cubase it seems very clear to me that the whole way menus are organised in Cubase needs rethought. Its a kitchen sink-mess. So Ableton engineers clearly and rightly know that to "touch"ie tweak or tamper with the Ableton “way” - is entering hallowed ground :slight_smile:

Plus it has to be said, compared to Cubase - Ableton is as solid as a rock.
Dependable and reliable. Not something I can say about so so many other … DAW-like software and associated tech…

Obviously old-timers will want Cubase menus exactly as they are, so to accommodate - some flexible mechanism needs to be designed in whereby people can revert to the “old-school” menu mess if they want - while making things a little more obvious, logical and un cluttered for the newcomers ( and returning lost sheep )