Upgrade to HALion 4 from version 2

Huge apologies if this has been covered to death somewhere. I had a good long look through the forum and knowledge base with no luck. Also the forum search function considers ‘HALion upgrade from version 2’ too common to bother searching with(?).

Is there an upgrade path from HALion 2 to the new version 4 on PC? I totally missed the boat on 3, and now it seems theres no option to either move up to 3 or go straight to 4. Am I stuck with only the option of buying 4 from scratch?

Thanks in advance. Dont flame me. I dont come around often.

Martin

Yes there is. Just contact Customer Support, and they’ll give you details.
You’ll need to send back your H2 discs though.

Regards,

Neil.

Thanks Neil, I’ll get onto that.

Martin

Martin,

Any luck yet? I’ve found them to be very fast at replying, with good info. You should hear something tomorrow for sure. Basically, they’ll email you a form to fill in: you send this form, along with ALL of your H2 discs back to Steinberg. They’ll send you a code…etc etc…sounds straight forward enough.

Neil.

Hi Neil,

Actually, I had a reply from Georg Bruns today, stating that

“there’s actually no upgrade possible from HALion 2. We only offer upgrades for HALion 3 users.”

Did you do the same upgrade yourself successfuly? I used the Customer contact form on the Steinberg website - maybe there was a better way?

Martin

MArtin,

Well, he’s talking nonsense. I have the downloaded forms here to enable a “Preparation Code to be able to update from HALion 2 to HALion 4”. That’s why they want the CDs back.
Try contacting “EdDoll”.

Regards,

Neil.

I’ll try to contact Ekhard, as you suggest. Thanks for taking the time to help Neil.

Martin

No worries - good luck!

Ed got back to me and was very helpful. The process is just as you described it.

Now I just hope the CDs make their way to Germany ok!

All the best

Martin

Excellent - mine are on their way too now!!

Neil.

Hi all,

My H4 update has just arrived - amazing service as I only ordered them on Saturday morning - processed on Monday, shipped early Tuesday from Germany to arrive in the UK at 09.30 Wednesday! Fabulous. Thank you Steinberg. :smiley:

I’ll be installing tomorrow as the weather forecast looks pretty grim, unlike the sunny, warm weather we have today; …so will be enjoying the sun today, and some samples tomorrow!!! :nerd:

All the best, :stuck_out_tongue:

Neil.