MIDI notes recorded earlier than they sound

No players time is perfect. Which is why we need computers and quantising isn’t it?

Exactly. Only that in this case we are discussing that the player´s time is acceptable and Cubase makes it unacceptable. Quantize was not meant to fix the sequencers bad timing.

There are also settings in the Devices Setup for compensating for late and early input.

Where are those? If you are refering to the timestamp options they are not working. If you are refering to the recording offset option on the System Audio VST panel this affects audio and not MIDI. My problem, unlike Funkydrummer´s i think, is just MIDI related.

Keep on at support as he probably hasn’t a clue at the moment but he’s just given himself some thinking time but at least you know you’ve been noticed.

what do you mean I´ve been noticed? noticed by who and about what? Support didnt answer me at all.

And a small (larger than I thought it would be) tech note. Although usb / Firewire / PCI and PCIe…

Now that you mention it: i had a PCI audio inteface prior to the one i am using now which is Firewire. The problem was exactly the same. I am thinking this issue might be something related to Cubase + my current MIDI devices (Keystation Pro basically) casue this is the only thing that i kept in common in the 2 computer setups where i had this problem. I cant blame entirely the Keystation though, since MIDI is recorded properly in Live as i said earlier.

After working with drum machines for a long time and remembering that mechanical exact-time feel on them and now, on inputting drums into Cubase, I feel it sounds more “natural”.

This proves that you are not having the same problem as me and others. Lucky you! :slight_smile: