Recover deleted files

Hi!

So, i recently made a fool out of myself. I’ve been in the studio, recording some vocals, but when I was done, i had to hurry out to get to my bus in time… In my hurry, i closed the project. But i had forgotten to save the whole time (yeah, i know it was stupid). The folder and the audio files is now gone from my projects folder. Is there any way to get it back?

I tried Recuva (file recovery app) and deep scanned the project folder. It took almost 18 hours, and it didnt find those files i was looking for.

So can it be in another directory? Or should i just start over?

Sorry but if you never saved anything then it is doubtful that there are any files to find. :frowning:

In the past, I have used Recuva to recover audio files that were mistakenly deleted and it works good for that. But, you never saved anything. So again, sorry.

I’m sure you already know this but, may I suggest that in the future, make it a workflow habit to always save a project with a name to the project folder right after creating it. That step is very important. Then make sure your Cubase autosave preferences (in the General section) are active and set to something that you want. I recently changed mine to autosave every 10 minutes, 5 backups max. The autosave function is funky though. It doesn’t autosave during playback which you do a lot of during editing. That is weird for sure. So another habit is to keep hitting the Ctrl + s to save save save.

So… it is time to go back into the studio and re-record those golden tones. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

I would highly recommend you stop using the computer. Then use another computer to read the following and then attempt data recovery. If possible remove the the drive and put it into another computer to access the data for recovery. Though these tools are free, I’ve not tested all of them but I have a few and typically the free tools are not as good at data recovery as some of the paid software. I have tested this software and have used it multiple times in a business so I know it works well. There are other paid versions that work well too, and its possible that one of the free ones might work for you. Pandora Recovery Recover Deleted Files on All Platforms & Devices (100% Free)