Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 update available

Both MAC and PC versions are corrupt for me too.

Thank you, I am downloading it now.
In the meanwhile - is there a list of bug-fixes for v6.5?

really, for 50 Euros you’re having this trauma? Why not go back to C5 and be done with it?

… but reading the manual it doesen´t look like it´s there yet. Just a little bit less stupid.

The comp tool still assumes all takes are of similar material and affects all events on all lanes similtaneously.
That´s cool in some recording scenarios. But it makes creative comping a serious PITA

It’s another problem:
I ordered the update from Cubase 6, and the windows version download is OK, but the download link for the Mac OSX version is Cubase Artist 6.5 .

Cubase 6.5 Update from Cubase 6
*** Eligible for a free Grace Period update? http://www.steinberg.net/graceperiod
Cubase_6.5_Cubase_Artist_6.5_Update_MAC.dmg

https://shop.steinberg.net/...Cubase_6.5_Cubase_Artist_6.5_Update_MAC.dmg

Don’t worry about that. The installer is the same, it is the license that makes the difference.

Regards
Luis

No haven´t tried it. just read it in the manual.

And I agree with the rest of your post… Not putting anymore money into steinberg if they can´t fix something that simple. Of if they simply don´t understand why its broken.
V5 does the job for now…

How do i upgrade the license if my computer isn’t hooked up to the net? I enter the code and it wants to go online.

There’s mention of the use of ‘modifiers’ in the promo vid (number 3 or 4…?) to achieve stuff too…

There is, and thats a step in the right direction.

But the most important thing is still what bredo wrote:

to be able to make a comp (after x takes) and then add additional takes without loosing your previouesly made comp.

Just stick the USB eLicenser into the computer where you download the Updater with and upgrade the license there.

Cheers,
Helge

Ok, yes - I see… In which case, I do not think this is possible (only from what I’ve seen/read - not tried anything obviously; still got installation woes…).

That’s right…It’s been a while. Thanks

Is there a link to the process because i’m not having any luck?

I have the usb on a separate internet computer with syncrosoft installed I enter the authorization code and it shows no licences and under upgradable licences

[/quote]

Is there a link to the process because i’m not having any luck?[/quote]

Please download the eLCC from here and install it on your computer:

Then start the License Control Center and enter the new activation code: the license will be downloaded.

In case you purchased Cubase 6.5 after 01.01.2012, just hit the maintenance button in the License Control Center and the license will be updated automatically.

Best,
Helge

This is possible in Cubase 6.5 with the new comp tool: just click on the master comp track with the comp tool after a new recording.

Cheers,
Helge

I did all that

It’s not showing any licences and now i can’t even run C5 on my DAW computer

Ok I enter activation code continue and it doesn’t show any licence to upgrade…the upgrade license button is grayed out

Please remove the eLicenser, restart your computer, reattach the eLicenser, start the LCC and hit the maintanance button. Does it help?

Best,
Helge

Great, another step in the right direction. But I still feel the whole concept of click to select is clumsy. Muting/unmuting was solid, easy and just worked the way you expected it to, with no way of effing up a comp.