Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5 update available

I’ve just updated a few hours ago and can’t drag myself away from “Retrologue”. Amazing synth. well done guys. Only one thing i think its missing is an arpegiator with some intersting settings to spice it up a bit.

I find that it’s a total disgrace that you are now charging for updates. I only got C6 in October last year. This is one of the reasons I will be moving to logic.

I was quite shocked at no arp found in Retrologue as well. This is suppose to be an oldskool synth and oldskool synths surely had arps!

I have to say I find very amusing that people are all bent out of shape about a $50 upgrade. I need the new comping and so far it’s bloody brilliant, I need to get work done and prefer to use V6 over V5, I spent the $50 and moved on. I’ll even go as far to say that if Steinberg felt they needed to do this to boost their inner economy with 6.5 I’m glad we could help each other out, I couldn’t have said that about the old Steinberg.

It’s $50 if you don’t want it don’t buy it. How much money did some of us spend on recorders, mixers, outboard etc through the years? and for some people a DAW and a computer replaces most of it. …$50 is a walk in the park. Holy crap I wish I could have part of what I spent through the years on future boat anchors back in my pocket.

It’s all perspective :wink:

One day i must count all the money i’ve given from 1990 to Steinberg.
Totally worth it but not little.Surely not a walk in the park,more like a long journey to wisdom

I see the usual wingefest is well underway, good to know nothing changes on here.

I think this is a great update at a sensible price thank you Steinerg

Ha, good point. I indeed remember the days when I had to pay 7000,- Euro for my Roland Sampler. Two of the reasons why it was so expensive was the included 40 MB hard drive and the 12 MB RAM :laughing:

I gotta say I do love Cubase, but Steinberg’s support has left me disappointed as well, and funny he mentioned Reaper, since I myself am considering switching to Reaper, too.[/quote]

The same thing here, I’m a bit scared that I won’t even have a choice if this update-stuff will go on like this.

Do not reside in this here dangerous place.
There are men armed to the teeth with upgrades waiting for you to empty your wallet at their bidding.
They will FORCE you to upgrade and then complain to their chortling filthy-rich cohorts called “the mods”. :mrgreen:

And a peculiar one: on the one hand are users who always claim to have “clients” and earn money at this game.
On the other users who seem to not be able to afford the upgrade.
Curious?
Racing cars and software have running costs. This particular cycle is well worth it lads.
But do have a good luck at the release notes first.

+1

If I now upgrade my cubase artist to cubase 6, does it get the 6.5 update or do I have to pay that 50 € too?
TIA
-J-

I know that for those ones who bought Cubase 6 licence after Jan. 1st 2012 can download 6.5 for free.

I bought Cubase 6 some mounts ago in the end of 2011 (the update from Cubase 5 that I bought 2 years ago), and it’s totally unfair that I have to pay for the 6.5 update while the new owners of the version #6 can acces it for free !! …WHY !!!

When a customer buys a software version (Cubase 4, 5, 6 or 7), he MUST access ALL updates of the same version !!!

Paying for an update of a same bought version… I’m certainly not the only one that is offended about it.

I hope Steinberg will change their mind about this, to be fair with their loyal and “legit” customers !!!

Thank you. For making me check out the studio one 2 trial. Looking good.

Bye.

I’ve been afraid to update Mac OSX Cubase 6 from version 6.0.0 to any of the other point versions because of all of the troubles people seem to be having. Is 6.0.5 safe? How about the soon-to-be-released 6.0.6?

Right now, i only have a 5400 rpm internal drive, as one can tell from my signature. There are some ASIO troubles/crashing, but I’m not absolutely sure that the HDD is the only cause. Since I am on Cubase version 6.0.0, perhaps the updates have improved performance on lighter computer systems. Maybe 6.6 is a vast improvement! I ONLY have 96 GB of RAM left because I have no external hard drive. (This was an option, but it’s extremely expensive: http://www.tekserve.com/store/382/Desktop_Hard_Drives/-16913)

ALSO, does 6.5 use more RAM and CPU than 6.0 does? This is extremely important to me, because my system isn’t the “ideal” music system at this point in time.

Cubase 6.0.5/6.0.6 could be perfectly fine, and 6.5 wouldn’t be necessary. I’m looking forward to responses.

Thank you very much!

They stated it on a post in a thread that I started. Thanks for letting me know :laughing:

Fantastic update … worth every penny … thanks Steiny :slight_smile:

Me too, but I’ve had this problem since 6.0… Really annoying.

Why? Money doesn’t grow on trees and I wasn’t born rich. I work hard for every penny I get. It’s my VERY VALID opinion as well as the opinion of many other PAYING CUSTOMERS that having to pay for an UPDATE because they decided to bundle a couple of soft synths THAT I DON’T NEED is ridiculous. If YOU are okay with paying out the nose for every little FIX then go ahead, but don’t criticize and ridicule others who understand the value of both money and customer loyalty.

You want me to be loyal to you, be loyal to me. Simple. It’s crazy to make someone pay for an update to software that they have owned for less than six months because of an arbitrary date setting. One year of support should be bare minimum. It’s like car buying: there should be a guaranteed warranty/support period.

And for those of “you” who are so quick to just flippantly say “bye” to fellow users; maybe you have the same level of customer support for your clients. This might explain why your posts can be in the hundreds - all of that extra time on your hands.

It’s more expensive to get a new customer than it is to keep and satisfy a current customer. This is basic business and customer support. Every customer that you lose over petty issues is going to discourage 100 more from giving you their business and become counter-missionaries against your business.

And for the guy that started an account JUST so that he could voice and express himself, good for you. This is proof of what I am laying out above. People want to be treated fairly and equitably by companies that they INVEST their time, money and energy with.

Steinberg please consider taking care of your investors and at least go back to the summer with this free UPDATE to 6.5.x if not just updating all v6 customers for free. That would be the prudent thing to do.