Cubase 6 and Waves 9 [ CRASHES! ] on exit!

Hey thanks for that info Al. I have to make the crossover yet, from XP to Win7. I have my Win7 disc here and have done the Win7 transfer thing and basically I am trying to do this as smoothly as possible - if that’s an option. Too, I have a few Wave bundles and need to upgrade to V9 as well, all with the plan to run in 64 bit of course.

So, if I underestand you correctly, you upgraded to V9 and took your ilok out of play for Waves. Correct? But you could have kept your V8 Waves installer in play (and 32 bit Waves) and your Waves ilok as well, AND upgraded to V9 32/64 bit? Correct?? But that’s redundant, right? If you have a 32/64 bit OS that can be supplied by one Waves V9 installer, wouldn’t that be a cleaner path?

So, are you suggesting that Paul is on the V9 cloud and on the V8 ilok - and that you are only on the V9 cloud? Or are you saying that when you added the V9 installer you were left with the V8 ilok and can somehow manage to get back to that installer and those plugins? Is this the ‘tinker’-ing you are refering to? From the sound of the Waves V9 instructions, running the V8/ilok and the V9 cloud on the same computer is not an option, but maybe this is not the case. :confused:

You got anything else that can clear this up for me? Thanks. I am hating swapping OS’s on the same computer but this is what I have to do. Dragging my feet all the way.