UR824 disappearing

Hi Ed, thank you very much for your interest.

The Mac was a MacBook Pro Early 2008 with the latest version of Snow Leopard and 6GB or memory; now it is a Mac mini 2011 with the latest version of Lion and 8GB or memory.

As far as I know, Lion is all 64-bit; by reading the data in Activity Monitor, it seems that nearly all apps are 64-bit. Kontakt 4, one of the apps that cannot see the UR after a while, is 64-bit.

The UR Tools are, as reported by the dspFXMix console, version 1.0.4. Boot 1.00, Main 1.00, Sub 1.00. Incidentally, in this moment the console saw the UR being turned on; but it is still not seen among the audio devices in Lion’s Audio MIDI Setup. In this situation, the only way to make it reappear is usually rebooting the Mac.

I’ve tried different ports and different USB cables. The UR is connected to its own USB port (even if the way the Mac mini manages these ports might make it share it with the computer’s keyboard). It was connected to its own USB port in the MacBook Pro (that one was a separate USB bus).

Do you see any pattern here? I will be happy to send you any report from the Mac’s console, or the like.

Best regards,
Paolo