Nuendo 5.5 activation code issue resolved

Same thing here…i upgraded to n5 a few days ago as i have a lot of multitrack editing to do and id appreciate the codes asap as itll be much much easier with 5.5…please hurry up steinberg!

Thanx

Nik

Hi,

I’m also waiting for a 5.5 code to come through to MySteinberg account. I registered / activated Nuendo 5 on 12 Nov and it’s now the 16th… any help with this would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean.

Same problem here.
I’ve updated to N5.5, no activation code received.
Even the registering procedure, seems to fail…
I suppose I have to register the product again, going from V4 to V5, but it’s not working.
Still no reply the day after submitting the problem to the support team…

I have to say that I wasn’t aware of this problem at the moment I’ve purchased the upgrade to N5, and I would have probably done it anyway.

But let me say that having these kind of problems in 2011 is a total FAILURE, totally unacceptable.
What kind of product is this ???

Not to mention tha fact that we’re forced to buy a boxed product (waste of time, paper and plastic) just to donwload a bigger package from the (v5.5) some 20 minutes later … TOTAL NON-SENSE

Hey steinberg ???
“Leading in post native” ?
Please…

Sorry for the rant… but this is really too much…

First, I agree that after the registration an activation code should be issued immediately. Due to several reasons, this is not working as we had hoped. Sorry for that!
You registered your Nuendo 5 license last night and I think that you will receive a code today.

@ lorenzodalri

BTW did you get a confirmation email that your request has reached us? I am asking because I cannot find an email from you in our inbox.

@all

Please accept up to 48 hours for the code delivery.

@EdDoll

First of all tanx for answering.
In fact I haven’t received any confirmation email about my support request, even though I’ve clicked on the “submit” button, and I guess that this should be just enough…no ?

I’ve received the activation code for the 5.5 version and it seems to work fine, everything ok.

Again, sorry for the rant, but please accept a suggestion from a client:

• no boxed product ever again: if it was a downloadable product, I would have bought it months ago, and it’s too important not to waste plastic and paper for a box that has NO USE at all.
    I repeat: NO USE at all.
    There’s plenty of companies protecting products in viable digital ways, and it seems to me that this trick-of-the-box doesn’t keeps nuendo away from piracy at all…

• glad you think that a 48 hour delay is not the way to go for activation codes, hope you can fix it asap, for the happiness of everybody.

Cheers

L

\

Good to know that it works now!

Regarding the boxed products, I can only say that there is still a strong demand for boxed products and printed manuals but we will of course continue to offer more products as downloads in the future.

I sent a PM on that missing support request to you.

Obviously the “activation code” issue is NOT RESOLVED! We registered our Nuendo 5 “box product” on 11/26/2011 and still haven’t received the 5.5 “activation codes.” We sent an inquiry to The Steinberg Support Group and received this stock answer:

"Hello,

I noticed that you are registered for Nuendo 5 and the NEK 5 in your My Steinberg account. At this point, you will need to follow the instructions at this link and you will get 5.5 activation codes for Nuendo and the NEK:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/how_to_get_the_nuendo_55_update.html

Thanks,
Brad
Steinberg Support"

Brad didn’t bother to even check to see if our 5.5 activation codes were in our account or he would have known that we could not get the upgrade. We have been users of Nuendo since version 1 and this is pretty poor service for a company that wants to compete with Pro Tools.

Disappointed USER

Sorry for that! Please have a look at your account. The activation codes should be there now.

Hi ED

I have today activated my copy of N5 and have v5.1 installed activated and working. I have now downloaded N5.5 and am downloadng the NEK 5.5.

Version N5 is shown as registered in MySteinberg

Do I have to do anything else to receive the 5.5 activation codes, or do they arrive in MySteinberg automatically? It’s not very clear…

thanks

They should arrive automatically in your MySteinberg account.
Usually it takes 48 hours.

Fredo

Thanks Fredo.

offically 48 hours and no 5.5 license for me…when should I expect it?

You should have your license now!

Got it, thanks.

BTW, if you really need to have the Nuendo 5.5 activation code immediately, there is a workaround for that.
At the moment, all newly registered Nuendo 5 USB-eLicensers get a Nuendo 5.5 activation code right away. It’s only the already registered USB-eLicensers that take longer.
So, if you delete the USB-eLicenser from your account and register it again, you should get your activation code automatically.

I bought and registered the N5 upgrade last week, downloaded N5.5, installed and registered it - that was on 1st December. I’m still waiting for my Activation code and would appreciate it asap please.

I am also waiting for NEK 5.5 update code to appear

I´m still waiting for my activation, it´s been 3 days now, what can I do?

Thanks

D

There are two unused Nuendo 5.5 and NEK 5.5 activation code waiting in your MySteinberg account since August.
You should use them first.