Record from Halion Keyboard

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
Paul T

Record from Halion Keyboard

Post by Paul T » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 am

Hi,

I added an instrument track (All Kick Drums) opened instrument window and got sound and meters by clicking on the Halion Sonic SE virtual keyboard. I tried to record my clicks with record ready activated and record button clicked. The track is highlighted where the cursor runs but no notes are shown and the highlight disappears when I hit stop. If I use Sequel's virtual keyboard the notes are recorded. Is it possible to use the Halion Sonic SE keyboard and pads to do this?

Thank you,

Paul

Funkhouser

Re: Record from Halion Keyboard

Post by Funkhouser » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi Paul,

Inserting notes by clicking the HALion Sonic SE Keyboard during recording doesn't work.

Alternatively, you could create a MIDI Part (for instance 4 bars) by using the pencil tool, double click empty part to open Key Editor and clicking the Piano Roll keyboard to insert notes during recording.

Cheers,
Marcel

Paul T

Re: Record from Halion Keyboard

Post by Paul T » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks Marcel, that's a nice option I hadn't thought of. The thing I liked about the Halion keyboard was I could put the kick I liked on one of the trigger pads and not have to remember what key assignment it was on. I usually use a drum set loop but I like to firm up the bottom with an additional kick sample.

Paul

Return to “Sequel”